1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What happens after this semester?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by svwtyf, Dec 13, 2005.

1. svwtyf

svwtyf Member
    5+ Year Member

Does anybody know if dental schools receive this semester's grades? Does AADSAS have an update for students to enter grades and edit new information?

Because I am graduating this week and will be done with undergrad. However, I am very sick with mono and there is a chance that I'll have to take my cell biology final after graduation and thus not technically graduate. So I'm wondering what would happen if I don't ever take my final and never graduate from my university...Will all the schools I've applied to ever know?

2. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    AADSAS does an academic update in January. As slow as AADSAS is it might be awile after that before the schools ever see them. You need to take that final. If you've told schools that you will have your degree then they will probably hold you to it.

3. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Try and take that exam if you can. If you can't, at least talk to your professor about rescheduling. Taking it late is better than never. Dental schools are probably accepting you on the assumption that you'll have a degree by the time dental school starts. They will want your complete transcript from your undergrad before you matriculate. Hope you feel better. Get well soon :)

4. Unemployed

Unemployed Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

what Tinman just said. See if you can take it later or just wing....I can't really see going through 4 years and not graduate. That paper opens doors.

5. Utes

Utes Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    You have to send in a degree-deferring transcript before you are allowed to matriculate. My transcript isn't due until August 1st, 2006.

6. Hot pickle baby

Hot pickle baby Membership Revoked
    Removed

Dental schools require final transcripts before you begin and you will have to provide final transcripts to the financial aid office when you apply for loans.

7. adr12

adr12 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I agree with all of the above responses. Any letters of acceptance you receive will likely be based on the completion of your planned coursework/degree with an acceptable level of performance. You need to finish the class if at all possible.

8. LadyxJC

LadyxJC Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

how and when do we send a final transcript to our prospective school? is it through aadsas or do we just send it directly to the school you decide to attend?

9. adr12

adr12 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm planning on sending transcripts to the schools I'm still interested in, as well as AADSAS. We all know how long AADSAS takes to get these things out, so I'm sending both.

10. Mustt Mustt

Mustt Mustt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yes the schools will know if you don't graduate becasue they will ask you for the final transcript with the degree posted(unless you said on AADSAS that you weren't graduating). Many will take the acceptance back if you don't graduate. Why not take the Final anyway. If you don't graduate chances are your acceptances will be taken back by the schools.

11. superchris147

superchris147 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

that's not true homey, you will probably have to send a final transcript to the school but it didn't have anything to do with financial aid. there's a guy in my class who hasn't graduated yet, they've emailed him once to get him to send his final transcript but nothing has happened