What happens after your a re-applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedapplicant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happens if you've already applied to a school twice? Is that it? What about state schools? Can you keep applying or you just dead in the water after two applications?

Members don't see this ad.

giveup.jpg

(not srs)

Some schools will auto-reject you and some schools will give you another chance. Just dust it off and try again. lolque

Members don't see this ad :)
Never give up. Never surrender.

SYYsC.jpg

Wait, my "a re-applicant" or your "a re-applicant"?

I'd say you're dead after 3 application cycles.

Last edited:
I know there are some state schools out there who will give you "bonus points" for each time you apply. (That is if your getting rejected for academics, if they think your personality is unfit to be a physician then its not going to help)

I know there are some state schools out there who will give you "bonus points" for each time you apply. (That is if your getting rejected for academics, if they think your personality is unfit to be a physician then its not going to help)

Yes, but if you were not accepted, most schools were not likely to have ever witnessed your personality yet since you didn't interview.

Wait, my "a re-applicant" or your "a re-applicant"?

I'd say you're dead after 3 application cycles.

Ahhh, you beat me to it. But to the OP, maybe they found some simple grammatical errors in your PS; possibly ones that resemble the one in your thread title. :smack:

I was a four time applicant. Believe me, it is a very trying process.

However, this year, I got an early interview and an acceptance to a top 20 medical school. The first two times I applied, I didn't even get a SECONDARY. I got an interview last year and an acceptance this year.

Keep improving your application (not just your numbers). Get some experience. Do something unique. Also, be considerate of where you apply and only apply to places where you "fit the mission," whether through residency, background, numbers, or otherwise.

Yes, but if you were not accepted, most schools were not likely to have ever witnessed your personality yet since you didn't interview.

Two things

1) You might have been interviewed but not accepted

2) A lot of personality can be seen through the personal statement, activity descriptions and rec. letters.

just promise you'll learn how to properly use "your" and "you're"