Medical What happens if I withdraw ACMAS application after verification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I had some questions about what happens if you withdraw an AMCAS application after verification (I only listed 1 school as of now). I am considering taking a gap year and if so I was going to call the school and ask to have my application withdrawn.
  1. If I did so, will my AMCAS application for next cycle indicate that I am a reapplicant to any schools or show this year's responses?
  2. Will I have to make the withdrawal before July 10 (transmit to schools date) to not have it show up in my record?
  3. Do AMCAS schools ever know if an applicant has applied or is applying to TMDSAS or AACOMAS schools?
  4. Page 51 (58 of the pdf) of the AMCAS applicant manual stated, "If you add a school to which you previously applied (through AMCAS, another application service, or directly to the school), you must indicate the addition of such school in your current application. Failure to acknowledge previous application activity may result in an investigation." Can you clarify what it means to "indicate the addition of such school in your current application" and if it applies to me if I withdraw my application before the July 10 transmit date?
1) You will be a reapplicant only to the one school whose name you indicated this year for verification purposes.
2) Once you have been verified, AMCAS will keep a "record" of your previous submission. In fact, if you reapply the immediately-following year, some of the information you've entered this year will repopulate into the 2022 application, like the transcript (but not the Activities section). The school you withdraw from may or may not keep your information, even if you withdraw before they receive your application and even if you do not return a Secondary application.
3) Historically, not unless you tell them. I can't speak for what will be true in the future.
4) There is a "Reapplicant" checkbox next to the name of each school available for selection. You would only need to check the box of the one school that you had previously designated. Yes, this requirement will apply to you.

Members don't see this ad.

1) To clarify, if next cycle I do not apply to the one school I have on right now, I will not be at any disadvantage whatsoever to other schools and will likely not be required to indicate anywhere that I have submitted my Primaries in the past right? Thank you!

2)Edit: on #4 you mean the question that appears when you add a school to your school list right? The one that asks if you previously applied there. This was my understanding when asking the above question in this reply
1) Correct.

2) Yes.

Sorry, one more question just to make sure, even if I have sent my CASPer score to other AMCAS schools other than the one I have on my Primaries and have submitted my completed application for TMDSAS schools, the answers to the above questions should still be the same right? Probably overthinking it, but just wanted additional clarity. Thank you :)

The answers are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.