What Happens if you change your mind?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K

Kristene9

Just a question... Once you have already turned down an optometry school can you call them up and ask to be admitted if they haven't filled the class?

Members don't see this ad.

Kristene9 said:
Just a question... Once you have already turned down an optometry school can you call them up and ask to be admitted if they haven't filled the class?
I dont think so. Thats why u should defer it

Kristene9 said:

When I turned down my seat at SUNY, I actually had a conversation about this with Dr. Johnston. He was disappointed that I was turning down my seat but he knew I was still unsure about my decision (I was giving up the acceptance because I didn’t want to take up the seat from someone who really wanted to go there). He told me if I changed my mind about relinquishing my seat, I could call him back and then be placed on the wait-list. The school could not automatically reaccept me but the best they would be able to do was put me on the wait-list with the least priority (to be fair to everyone else). I’m not sure if they do this in every case but you can always call the schools you are concerned about and ask.

- Rosanna