what happens if you go to a school that just received accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryinghard

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how will going to a school that just received accrediation, affect your acceptances for jobs, or your salary? does it have any bearing, does it mean anything, will jobs care or not?

i really like umass-worchester. can anyone comment on this school. it will receive accrediation this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you going to graduate before or after they get accredited?

i will enter when they recieve hteir first year of accreditaition

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I live in MA and have a question. Tryinghard, is there a program offered by the University of Massachusetts at Worcester or are you talking about the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (private school) located in Worcester. If UMASS has a new program I'd love to apply because it's a state university and the tuition for me would be around 5-6k. Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences located in Worcester has a tuition of about 29k per year. I'm pretty sure people on the board have confused the two. Can anyone clear this up for me?

i was talking of MCPHS-worcester.

hey, sicne you live in the area, can you give me the scoop??

well, tell me what's the deal with pubic opinion, or local companies...are they going to hire people from this about to be accredited school?

I had the same questions about new schools until I talked to a pharmacy manager at large hospital in PA. He said that the license is the important document not the school name. Further, he had just hired a pharmacist who graduated in the first class of another new pharmacy school in PA and he said he had no problems hiring someone from a new school.

I can say this about LECOM and their first class - many employers have visited looking for interns. Pharmacies are facing a large shortage and are welcoming students from new schools....