n00b
10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

just a quick question.

as an applicant, do I have to actively withdraw from the waitlist/alternate lists I am on once I matriculate at an accepted school?

or can I just ignore them since I haven't gotten accepted.

If I choose to ignore, do I automatically become withdrawn once I start school?

This whole "you must only hold 1 acceptance or you will loose all" kind of scares me, so I want to make sure that I don't need to take any further action.

Basically I am still on 3 wait lists and am accepted to 1 school and will be going.

Thanks,
Mike

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
Hey guys,

just a quick question.

as an applicant, do I have to actively withdraw from the waitlist/alternate lists I am on once I matriculate at an accepted school?

or can I just ignore them since I haven't gotten accepted.

If I choose to ignore, do I automatically become withdrawn once I start school?

This whole "you must only hold 1 acceptance or you will loose all" kind of scares me, so I want to make sure that I don't need to take any further action.

Basically I am still on 3 wait lists and am accepted to 1 school and will be going.

Thanks,
Mike
If you matriculate, you can pretty much assume you're ineligible to be pulled from another school's waitlist. You don't need to take any action, you can withdraw if you want to. At some point, if you're not pulled, you'll probably get a rejection letter from the waitlist schools saying they're no longer pulling people from their waitlists.