what have you been asked about obamacare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harmony2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
?

Members don't see this ad.

At various interviews I was asked to describe it to the best of my knowledge and/or talk about pros and cons of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Closest question I've gotten is why do I think people have difficulty accessing healthcare.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are asked about it, call it the ACA not obamacare. Saying obamacare makes you sound less informed.

I've only been asked very basic stuff. Do you know what the ACA has done/will do? How do you think the ACA could change healthcare in the coming years? I haven't encountered any interviewer who expected a thorough analysis. Just verification that you have some idea what's going on in the field you're trying to enter

I haven't been asked about PPACA yet.

I was asked what I thought of it, then asked to argue the opposite.

I was asked for a brief summary. You should know at least the basics. And you will need to refer to it by the ACA or PPACA.

The only medical school that might ask you about "Obamacare" would be Liberty. All the rest of them use big boy words like "Affordable Care Act."

Reactions: 4 users
I've had 6 interviews (at 3 schools) so far and was asked about the ACA at 4 of them. The questions were along the lines of, "what do you think of the ACA?" / "what are benefits of the ACA?" / "how has the ACA affected your clinical experiences?"

I know this has been mentioned by previous posters, but...
ACA*
Some people get offended when people call it ObamaCare.

I had an interviewer that was kind of asking about it, but I think he was afraid to ask about it so he was very vague in his question. I just tried to answer the question with what I felt about ACA at the time. I don't remember what I said though; sorry. Best bet is to just look for summaries about it online and make a concise bullet point list of general facts/trends you see.