What Have You Learned From A Spouse/Partner?

R

Redneck

I've noticed in the Emergency Medicine, and I believe the Pharmacy forum too, there are some pretty good threads on what people have learned from their patients. Well I was thinking it might be interesting to do the same here. Maybe we'll get a laugh, learn what to do, or even what not to do...

What have you learned from past or present spouses or partners?

Members don't see this ad.

goodrain said:
I've noticed in the Emergency Medicine, and I believe the Pharmacy forum too, there are some pretty good threads on what people have learned from their patients. Well I was thinking it might be interesting to do the same here. Maybe we'll get a laugh, learn what to do, or even what not to do...

Every presence in our lives, no matter how fleeting, can and does change us.

That no matter how fat and ugly you feel, there is someone out there who thinks you are beautiful.

That the last phone call of the day is the best.

That it's worth failing a test if what you blew off studying for makes you smile for weeks on end.

That I need to be a NICER person.

That sometimes love just isn't enough, and that's ok.

goodrain said:

I learned not to let my mistress call me at home.

Members don't see this ad :)
from my spouse i have learn:

Patience is a virtue

I have learn not to try to predict futur problems..but wait on them to show up and then try to solve them.

I have learn that Love if also about forgiving for other mistakes...

I have learn that a husband is definitively a woman first child!!!!

I have learn to ask my "affairs" not to call at home.... :laugh:

Damn straight!

I learned that gag gifts are not appropriate for Valentine's Day, no matter how asinine the "other" thinks that holiday is or how good their sense of humor is. Get a nice romantic gift, regardless. Trust me, it's been "empirically determined!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, that was a dry V-day... if ya' know what I mean... :(

-X

bananaface said:
Also, men like being acknowledged for doing housework.

you can't go wrong getting a guy electronics.

They always buy you two sizes too big.