• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

What hobbies do you want to explore once you're making big Doctor money?

ProspectiveKidd

Membership Revoked
Removed
Lifetime Donor
Jul 9, 2014
    Ah man. Yeah, I thought it about it but who knows...

Not shooting it down man. Plenty of busy people have hobbies like that. Just stating that it is more involved than people realize. Especially if you're doing all of your own work.

Even if you aren't doing all the dirty work, just finding the parts you need to compete a build can be a time consuming challenge. Its all relative though; with deep enough pockets you can buy everything new. Depends on what you're restoring whether or not you can do that as well =)

Mansamusa

2+ Year Member
    Dec 22, 2015
    1. Medical Student
      Fortunately, I don't really like anything that costs a lot.

I love learning languages. Most cities have cultural centers that offer language classes. I want to take classes and get involved in organizing events if I time.

Then travel and potentially move abroad when my debt is gone

Reactions: 1 users
      About the Ads

Promethean

Syncretist
      7+ Year Member
      Jul 2, 2014
      Western PA
      1. Medical Student
        Paying bills on time, like before the due date and the shut off notice... that would be freaking sweet.

Once that is in order, I don't even know what I would do with money. The times when I've ever had very much of it, I mostly didn't change anything about my lifestyle.

Reactions: 2 users

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
        7+ Year Member
        Jul 27, 2013
        4th Dimension
          Skydiving in areas more scenic than dank cornfields and out of planes larger than a PT Cruiser.
          wingsuit.gif

These seem pretty damn awesome. Basically just find someplace high and jump.

About the Ads

Imperius

Think A Lot. Say Little. Write Nothing.
          2+ Year Member
          Nov 30, 2015
          City on the Edge of Forever
          1. Medical Student
            I know, I was just surprised it was a thing at all. Figured that knowledge might blow some minds in the thread.
            Very valid point. Apparently, the willow rods soften in the water allowing them to bend to form the basket, then harden afterwards. Ingenious.

Reactions: 1 users

Skydive Fox

Head Pilot, Star Fox Command
            2+ Year Member
            Feb 20, 2016
            1. Medical Student
              View attachment 202525
              These seem pretty damn awesome. Basically just find someplace high and jump.
              Lol. Even after making it through the grueling AFF course, flying a wingsuit in open air itself takes a lot of practice to stabilize. Gaining enough precision to navigate obstacles like that takes hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of flight time. Pro wingsuit pilot = my goals

Reactions: 1 user

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
              7+ Year Member
              Jul 27, 2013
              4th Dimension
                Lol. Even after making it through the grueling AFF course, flying a wingsuit in open air itself takes a lot of practice to stabilize. Gaining enough precision to navigate obstacles like that takes hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of flight time. Pro wingsuit pilot = my goals
                She makes it look easy, but with the drafts between those buildings, that's got to be like a death trap if the wind hits you just wrong.

About the Ads

takeurmeds02

5+ Year Member
                Dec 9, 2014
                1. Resident [Any Field]
                  Not shooting it down man. Plenty of busy people have hobbies like that. Just stating that it is more involved than people realize. Especially if you're doing all of your own work.

Even if you aren't doing all the dirty work, just finding the parts you need to compete a build can be a time consuming challenge. Its all relative though; with deep enough pockets you can buy everything new. Depends on what you're restoring whether or not you can do that as well =)

Meehhh, even as an attending, I don't know that I want my pockets to be that deep but I'm glad you're shedding light on it

About the Ads

Just1voice

Game changer
                  Removed
                  Mar 31, 2016
                  The ether
                  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
                    Establishing scholarships for post-bacc premed programs. And at least one full tuition medical school scholarship at the school I end up at and maybe my name on a Wing or Ward. Yep. Doubt that'll happen in primary care, but I can dream of marrying a venture capitalist, right?

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
                    7+ Year Member
                    Jul 27, 2013
                    4th Dimension
                      Politics. I intend to go from activist to candidate eventually. My state representatives are part-time so I hope to juggle both.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile
                      I definitely want to dabble in politics when I'm not putting on my robe and wizard hat. The things I could accomplish... Ah well, one thing at a time.

LivMoore

5+ Year Member
                      Oct 21, 2015
                      Texas
                      1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
                        I'd like to adopt a dog.
                        Travel in an RV like I used to with my great grand parents when I was a kid.
                        Eat at some places that have been on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

Reactions: 2 users
                        About the Ads
                        This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        7. This thread is locked.