What hobbies do you want to explore once you're making big Doctor money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah man. Yeah, I thought it about it but who knows...

Not shooting it down man. Plenty of busy people have hobbies like that. Just stating that it is more involved than people realize. Especially if you're doing all of your own work.

Even if you aren't doing all the dirty work, just finding the parts you need to compete a build can be a time consuming challenge. Its all relative though; with deep enough pockets you can buy everything new. Depends on what you're restoring whether or not you can do that as well =)

Members don't see this ad.

Fortunately, I don't really like anything that costs a lot.

I love learning languages. Most cities have cultural centers that offer language classes. I want to take classes and get involved in organizing events if I time.

Then travel and potentially move abroad when my debt is gone

Reactions: 1 users
Paying bills on time, like before the due date and the shut off notice... that would be freaking sweet.

Once that is in order, I don't even know what I would do with money. The times when I've ever had very much of it, I mostly didn't change anything about my lifestyle.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sailing, salsa dancing, freediving/spearfishing, BJJ+Judo, motorcycling, windsurfing, hunting.
I'll be happy if I make it far in 2 of those but I already have a small head start in most

Skydiving in areas more scenic than dank cornfields and out of planes larger than a PT Cruiser.

I don't know why this two girls at once thing is such a big deal.

It's not even that thrilling

Not that I know or anything

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Your average guy can't even handle one woman at a time, much less two. :laugh: It's such a neckbeard fantasy.

That said, I really want to try LARPing one day.

Reactions: 1 user
I've always wanted to climb a mountain... of cocaine and strippers so I'll probably look into that.

Reactions: 4 users
Skydiving in areas more scenic than dank cornfields and out of planes larger than a PT Cruiser.
wingsuit.gif

These seem pretty damn awesome. Basically just find someplace high and jump.

Your average guy can't even handle one woman at a time, much less two. :laugh: It's such a neckbeard fantasy.

That said, I really want to try LARPing one day.

I asked my fiancé about it and he told me to stop being a sex crazed teenager

Reactions: 3 users
Underwater basketweaving....

Kidding.

Work on getting my pilot's license, go sky diving, and obviously buy more clothes/shoes/suits.

Members don't see this ad :)
Underwater basketweaving....

Kidding.

Work on getting my pilot's license, go sky diving, and obviously buy more clothes/shoes/suits.
Underwater basket weaving is a very real thing. Had no idea until last year- turns out it's a legit basket weaving technique.

Underwater basket weaving is a very real thing. Had no idea until last year- turns out it's a legit basket weaving technique.
Oh I recently found out too...I just have no desire to actually pursue it as a hobby.

I know, I was just surprised it was a thing at all. Figured that knowledge might blow some minds in the thread.
Very valid point. Apparently, the willow rods soften in the water allowing them to bend to form the basket, then harden afterwards. Ingenious.

View attachment 202525
These seem pretty damn awesome. Basically just find someplace high and jump.
Lol. Even after making it through the grueling AFF course, flying a wingsuit in open air itself takes a lot of practice to stabilize. Gaining enough precision to navigate obstacles like that takes hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of flight time. Pro wingsuit pilot = my goals

Lol. Even after making it through the grueling AFF course, flying a wingsuit in open air itself takes a lot of practice to stabilize. Gaining enough precision to navigate obstacles like that takes hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of flight time. Pro wingsuit pilot = my goals
She makes it look easy, but with the drafts between those buildings, that's got to be like a death trap if the wind hits you just wrong.

I'm going to put a soccer field in my back yard, get a couple of German Shorthaired Pointers, buy a truck and go on trips with the fam.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile

I asked my fiancé about it and he told me to stop being a sex crazed teenager

Forgive him. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't let fear keep you from riding the tricycle!!!

Three people sounds like a fumbling nightmare :confused:

:ninja: No comment, on either front :ninja:
You can't tell me you wouldn't get your LARP on if you had the chance!

Heck, you could probably LARP Game of Thrones and accomplish both of those things.

Not shooting it down man. Plenty of busy people have hobbies like that. Just stating that it is more involved than people realize. Especially if you're doing all of your own work.

Even if you aren't doing all the dirty work, just finding the parts you need to compete a build can be a time consuming challenge. Its all relative though; with deep enough pockets you can buy everything new. Depends on what you're restoring whether or not you can do that as well =)

Meehhh, even as an attending, I don't know that I want my pockets to be that deep but I'm glad you're shedding light on it

Cooking.. Traveling.. Hiking.. Camping.. As lame as it sounds I think I'm most excited to get a dog.

I would love to have a dog.

I'd name it Rasheeda if it were a female or LaRoyce if it were a male.

..don't hate on my dog names

I wanted a farm where I could have an animal rescue, but my other half doesn't want to be a zookeeper

I would like to become really good at golf and if I become a physician I would consider spending a lot of money on getting lessons. To

None of these fancy rich people hobbies appeal to me. I'd probably be happy just to have time to keep up the hobbies I have now.

Establishing scholarships for post-bacc premed programs. And at least one full tuition medical school scholarship at the school I end up at and maybe my name on a Wing or Ward. Yep. Doubt that'll happen in primary care, but I can dream of marrying a venture capitalist, right?

Food and travel.
Travel all over the world and eat all the delicious food, that sounds ideal. :rolleyes:

Politics. I intend to go from activist to candidate eventually. My state representatives are part-time so I hope to juggle both.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile

Politics. I intend to go from activist to candidate eventually. My state representatives are part-time so I hope to juggle both.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile
I definitely want to dabble in politics when I'm not putting on my robe and wizard hat. The things I could accomplish... Ah well, one thing at a time.

I'd like to adopt a dog.
Travel in an RV like I used to with my great grand parents when I was a kid.
Eat at some places that have been on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

Reactions: 2 users
Golf probably... need the monies for that one

Traveling, and think having a nice boat would be awesome

Don't expect too much from "big doctor money". My father (doctor) makes 500,000+ and most of it goes to loans, taxes, mortgage, children, etc. Your quality of life isn't as high as people make it out to be.
:smack::bang::boom::wtf: