What I Can Tell You Is, "Thanks"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Birdstrike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can’t tell you that the “patient satisfaction obsession” is suddenly going to focus on patient health over profits and start being applied fairly to doctors and nurses.

I can’t tell you that someday politicians, administrators and insurance companies will wake up and see things the way you and I do.

I can’t tell you that someday, all the demands for inappropriate medications, tests and treatments will end.

I can’t tell you that all of a sudden the government will stop making cumbersome and nonsensical rules and regulations, stop crushing private practice and start increasing instead of decreasing doctor pay.

I can’t tell you that all of a sudden you are going to stop taking hits in the line of duty for doing the right thing for your patients.

But what I can and will tell you is that I appreciate every time you or any other doctor, nurse, physician’s assistant, paramedic or tech laces it up for a shift to take care of the sick and injured.

I can tell you, “thanks” for everyone too sick, too short of breath, dizzy, psychotic, weak, unconscious or too intoxicated to say it or realize it themselves.

I can tell you that I appreciate all the blood, sweat, tears and REM sleep you leave on the floor during your days and nights on the front lines treating the sick, bleeding, broken, bruised, and destitute.

For what it’s worth, you are a hero to many, whether they say it, know it, or not. I’ve been there, done it and still face the same battles. What you do is not easy. It’s incredibly difficult. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise, including yourself. You make a damn big difference to this world.

For anyone who steps up to the plate in an Emergency Department, hospital, OR, or doctor’s office to be there when no one else can or will, to wait for me, my family members, your own friends, enemies or complete strangers to pass out, get run over, to arrest or stop breathing, keep your chin up.

For what it’s worth, you’re a hero to me.

Happy Holidays,

Birdstrike MD

http://drwhitecoat.com/what-i-can-tell-you-is-thanks/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
:bump:

for the Holidays.

Happy Holidays to all!

Reactions: 2 users