What i really need to be accepted at the ot program at nyit???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LG0629

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys..
I would like to appy to the Occupational therapy program at NYIT.
what should I do to increase my chances to be accepted????

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The obvious answer is to do as well as you can in those last classes. I took my GPA from a 2.5 to a 3.0 just by doing well on finishing up my prereq's. If you have any really bad grades from specific classes that are keeping your GPA down, consider retaking them; but only if you know that the programs you're looking at will take them into consideration. As far as the GPA goes, that's really all you can do (and I assume you knew that).

Start doing your volunteer work and your shadowing hours now. Most programs have a required number of hours that they expect from their applicants. But if you have substantially more hours in several different settings, that might give you a "leg-up" in that category over other applicants.

Finally (and I apologize for how harsh this is going to sound), but when the time comes, make sure you have a few people review and edit your application essays. I realize this is an online forum and people aren't doing their best writing, but your post here is riddled with grammar problems. If that's how you really write, you'll definitely want to make sure you have someone help you improve your essays.

thank you so much for your time, i will keep it on mind. yes, i know ....english is my second language. I have only a few years in this country, but believe me, when i have to write school papers, i have to work double or triple than the rest of people that were born in this country, but is ok because it feels really good to see good grades at the end.. I messed up my gpa because i was pregnant and working the last two semesters BUT is good to know that i can increase my gpa with my pre requierements classes. I understood that the gpa i got now with my bachelor, is the one i will have forever...again, thank u so much for your time...I appeciate your words, good luck in your studies...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is being accepted to this school an absolute must?

I tell a lot of prosectives, don't put all your eggs in one basket with one school because you may not be accepted, regardless of how good you look on paper.

Do your research and expand your options.

Hi, no absolutely not. i live in nj bergen county and travel every day to NYIT won't be easy and fun. Seton Hall is like 25 mins away from my house, BUT the only reason I'm thinking that I might have hopes in NYIT is because my GPA is only 2.5 and all other school ask for 3.0 or >. I will go to open house to different schools to see what can I do.