What I wish I knew before I started med school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I totally agree with your premise, but I don't think that was willen's point. Obviously, there are always some little turds in every class that ask questions just to look smart and it delays the progress of the entire class. I have absolutely nothing against asking questions if you don't understand something, but don't ask some ******* question just for the hell of it. It's annoying and makes you look like a giant bag of tools. And yes, people actually do this.

Understood. I'm simply telling the OP to not develop a complex about the whole ordeal. Which is why I finished it up with the last line, "know thyself". If thyself is a douche then thyself will come across as such.

Take what I say with a tiny grain of salt, I haven't had to live with it yet and I'm sure the gunners will irritate me as well.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a laptop in front of you with wikipedia (probably) already open. If that doesn't answer your question, then go ahead and raise your hand.

Understood. I'm simply telling the OP to not develop a complex about the whole ordeal. Which is why I finished it up with the last line, "know thyself". If thyself is a douche then thyself will come across as such.

Take what I say with a tiny grain of salt, I haven't had to live with it yet and I'm sure the gunners will irritate me as well.

I am sure that's good advice; however, I am much more interested in seeing what current medical students have to contribute in this thread.

That every person has their own opinion about their own experiences that may or may not be completely opposite to yours. Which means most people that I've asked how medical school was when I was premed was no where near my own experience. I would just say I was pleasantly surprised and medical school was not as grim as people made it out to be.

Also, I wish I have joined more campus clubs etc. during first year. I know I had the time for it.