What if all 50 schools you applied to rejected you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADH03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you do?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been there, done that. Just reapply the next year but ONLY to those schools where you might have a chance. Don't apply to universities where you know you have the same chances of a tornado hitting a junk yard and forming a functioning 747 Boeing Jet. Take some master's or post bac classes to boost your GPA too.

Take the hint.

:thumbup:

If fifty schools rejected you, there is probably a good reason. They do ask in AADSAS if you've previously applied and if so where; I wonder if the text box is long enough to put 50 places. Not saying it's impossible to get in the next year, nothing is impossible, but .. I reiterate .. there is probably a good reason.

most of applicants fail to matriculate in D-schools.

Furthermore, the number of interviewers is small, considering the total number of applicants. :eek:

Last edited:
I would work on improving my application for a year or two but I would not reapply until my application was much improved.

I would work on improving my application for a year or two but I would not reapply until my application was much improved.

Couldn't put it better myself. :thumbup:

apply to med schools. ;)

Sheesh, better off getting a Masters/PhD and at least having a life after school

MD life is not that bad after school, it all depends on what you do with your degree same as everything

Last edited: