What if I don't get an interview before 12 1, is there still a chance to get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmejimmy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering whether I can get in in case I don't get any interview before 12 1. And also schools will continue to interview after 12 1. Am I right? Please help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering whether I can get in in case I don't get any interview before 12 1. And also schools will continue to interview after 12 1. Am I right? Please help me out.

no worries just yet. they interview til march or later. interviews can come late

I believe there is a chance.. but its less than if it were pre- Dec 1st. That said, i hope my Jan 5th Columbia Interview is fruitful :D

I just wish i could believe that any pre-dec 1st interview was a definite acceptance...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would hate the idea of being offered after dec 1. (torture) I personally am not even going to attend any after dec 1.

How much advantage?

In my mind it guarantees that I am in their top tier of applicants. That is key with me. I don't even want to attend an interview if I am not near the top.

That is why I love SDN, info on every school is out there. Take Michigan for example, I haven't heard anything from them yet. I know I am not in their top tier of apps. Others that have offered me an invite have me near the top, So I am more likely to get in there.

I don't want to waste money flying somewhere for an alternate spot.

ever consider that you may be in their top tier but, for whatever reason, they got to your app later?

I too would not want to fly out to a school that isn't one of my top choices if it were for an alternate spot.. certain schools i would go interview regardless the date or cost.. and of course until i have an acceptance in my hand, i will go to every interview offered and select the earliest date available..

ever consider that you may be in their top tier but, for whatever reason, they got to your app later?

I too would not want to fly out to a school that isn't one of my top choices if it were for an alternate spot.. certain schools i would go interview regardless the date or cost.. and of course until i have an acceptance in my hand, i will go to every interview offered and select the earliest date available..

I submitted everything I could in May, secondaries in June. Late was never an option, so no, I have never considered it.

I will not go to every interview offered.

i wouldnt start worrying about it until its into the end of march, i had all 4 of my interviews last year after dec. 1 (jan 13 jan 17 Feb 17, 27) and got into 3 of them. So yeah there is a great chance

I submitted everything I could in May, secondaries in June. Late was never an option, so no, I have never considered it.

I will not go to every interview offered.

well then consider yourself lucky you can pick and choose....not all of us are in your shoes

OP...there's definitely a chance after december 1st but I would suggest you start calling up the schools you want to hear back from and find out what the hold up is

Gosh, I hope so. I applied to one school, submitted my AADSAS during Christmas break, and interviewed in early March. Things appear to have worked out nicely.

I also agree. There's always a chance. I was recently looking at predents.com and noticed a lot of the people who were accepted to the schools I applied to didn't even interview until January. Some were interviewed literally days before they were accepted. I'd say go for it. It couldn't hurt if you can afford an extra $75.

theres def. a chance, man. i know people who submitted their aadsas in late november and got into some universities (NYU, Columbia).
that being said, pre-dec1st interviews are almost a guarantee of acceptance, from what ive been hearing.
worry not; there are plenty of people who have interviews after dec1st.

I would hate the idea of being offered after dec 1. (torture) I personally am not even going to attend any after dec 1.

Me either. I have UNLV and Case after Dec. 1. I'm not going. :D

theres def. a chance, man. i know people who submitted their aadsas in late november and got into some universities (NYU, Columbia).
that being said, pre-dec1st interviews are almost a guarantee of acceptance, from what ive been hearing.

who says that? Is it reaaaaaaally that much of an advantage? I have one or two of those, and I'm just hoping to get into one school (any.)

is that something you were told in an interview? or is it just like through the grapevine?

that being said, pre-dec1st interviews are almost a guarantee of acceptance

There's no way I'd go that far. Good sign? Yes. But there are *way* too many competitive applicants to consider anything except an acceptance letter a guarantee that you're getting in.

There's no way I'd go that far. Good sign? Yes. But there are *way* too many competitive applicants to consider anything except an acceptance letter a guarantee that you're getting in.

I agree with this statement. An acceptance letter in the mailbox is the only guarantee you are going anywhere, regardless of your interview date.