What IF you dont graduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on time. like wat if u get into dental school, but then find out that u have to finish up some requirements to finish ur degree so u have to stay at undergrad for one more semester. are u completely screwed cuz u cant enter d school in the fall cuz ull be at undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

pretty much

Members don't see this ad :)
screw your degree.. go to dental school and quit college. you may not have your bachelors but you wont be needing it.

If you don't need the class or the degree to keep your spot in dental school, say sayonara!

Otherwise, do everything in your power to take the class this summer. Go to another school, if possible.

If you don't need the class or the degree to keep your spot in dental school, say sayonara!

Otherwise, do everything in your power to take the class this summer. Go to another school, if possible.
You'd better call the dental school to make sure of that. I bet the OP listed his/her educational status as "bachelor's degree anticipated in spring 2007" in AADSAS.

screw your degree.. go to dental school and quit college. you may not have your bachelors but you wont be needing it.

Great advice from an obviously superior being. Dude, I'm not sure if you're aware but most schools require you to complete your B.S./B.A. degree before entering your first year. I've heard a handful of cases where people weren't graduating and were denied their spot. Obviously you won't be using your degree in dental school, but to blurt out "screw your degree" is rediculous. I'd really like to see people risk "quitting" college before their last semester thinking their dental school won't bat an eye. Use some common sense.

As for the OP, I would call your undergrad school immediately and see if there's anything you can do in order to graduate at least by the summer. If a compromise has to be made, be sure and let your dental school know and reassure your spot will remain secure.

some schools just don't care about your BS and BA degrees...even though you listed 'em on your aadsas. I would call to make sure. Btw, you got 2 summer sections to finish. I bet this is a theoretical question rather than the real thing.

purduephigam . . . is right.

Many schools require a BA degree prior to dental school.

And if you put on your application that you would be graduating on xyz date, then the school is under the assumption that you would have your degree.

Definitely call the school and find out what their requirements are!

wait so why would people put down on aadsas that their gonna have a degree?

well most people would apply during their junior year, at a time when they didn't have their degree yet - but intend to before attending dental school.

i was accepted to NYU and asked them what would happen if I didn't complete my degree like I had intended to. They told me that I could defer my acceptance till the next year, and that would be the worst situation.

But then again, I did already send them that 1500 deposit.

wait so why would people put down on aadsas that their gonna have a degree?

because most schools really really really want applicants to complete their bachelors before they matriculate, so by telling them that you won't be getting a degree will significantly hinder your application. It doesnt mean you wont get in, my cousin did it and is graduating top of his class and going into OMSF so take that as you will