What if you fail some classes in MS1 ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kornphan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if someone failes a few classes in MS1 , what is the procedure ?.. does it vary from school to school ?.. If someone catches up with all the classes in Summer then will you be back on track or will it effect you down the road ?... Just curious.. Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

At my school, if you fail one class, you can repeat it over the summer. If you fail more than one, you have to repeat the year. I'm sure the policies vary a bit among different schools. Search websites for this info, or call the admissions office. Honestly, though, very few people fail more than one class... there's lots of academic support available... they really don't want anyone to fail!

Some schools will allow you to 'decelerate' which means spreading your first two years out over three years. This has it's advantages and disadvantages, but it can really help if you have, say, some family crisis or just need more time with the material.

For the Caribbean bend on the situation (and because you asked about variations from school to school)...

If you fail a class at Ross, you repeat the whole semester and re-take the course you failed. This gets you "off track" with the rest of your starting class, but still allows you to move through the program. If you fail the repeated class, or if you fail a class more than twice, you're out. Period.

There is no summer break. The pre-clinical portion goes straight through. A significant number of people, for various reasons but mainly because of their own doing, simply cannot make it through the program. A lot of people who started in my class are either no longer a part of it, or are no longer at the school. It's like basketball try-outs: each semester you're, in effect, competing with those who "made the cut" from the previous semester. It's not a "Caribbean vacation"... trust me.

For more info, PM me.

-Skip Intro
MS2 Ross University
Portsmouth, Dominica