1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

What if you were trapped in GroundHog Day (ala Bill Murry) on MCAT test day?!?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by SailCrazy, Apr 27, 2004.

1. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

Imagine if you were stuck repeating your MCAT test day over and over.

What would you do? Just imagine the possibilities... :laugh: :laugh:

Write the MCAT with your toes.
    Tell people what the questions will be before the section starts.
    Remove an article of clothing every 15 minutes...
    Bring books, a calculator and a phone.
    Obviously cheat.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    By the time I got out of the loop I'd have a 45T for sure.

4. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

In order to remain ethical, I would make sure that I got to the test site at different times to increase the probability that my score was a valid assesment of my skills........no I wouldn't...I'd memorize the damn thing- but taking the mcat over and over would prob. kill me

5. shock827

shock827 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Being the natural jerk that I am, I would do the things that would annoy people. Smack gum really loud, click my mechanical pencil, fart out loud and say "my bad," answer phone calls during the test, and the list goes on!! :D

6. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf NOTthe Original PapaSmurf
    5+ Year Member

I'd just go naked and show off my nice blue butt!

7. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    take off my clothes and do a little dance that includes pelvic thrusting in the proctors face in the middle of the verbal reasoning section... ever see jackass and the guy that likes to party skit? that would be me, except i am really skinny and boney....

8. kiahs

kiahs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You know I was totally thinking that. I too would make sure to get a 45T and I bet that I would get to be so comfortable with the whole day it wouldn't bother me anymore. Like when I walked out of the testing center I couldn't believe that it was over it was so strange for me. I dunno, yeah but I'd rock the mcat for sure.

9. ifailedmcat

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hmm..since I'd have the time, I would try a number of things

1) Close your eyes, rub your temples, and pretend to be concentrating intensely for 95 minutes on PS, then wake up and bubble like crazy in the last 3 minutes.

2) As the proctor is taking up answer sheets, grip your paper so tightly they can't take it. Then, as they yank harder and rip the answer sheet, exclaim, "OMG you've ruined my life, what have you done??"

3) With 1 minute left in the writing section, shout, "OMG, WAS I SUPPOSED TO BE WRITING??"

4) With 1 minute left in BS, shout, "OMG THIS ISN'T THE GMAT!!"

5) Fall out of your chair in the middle of the test and pretend to be having a seizure, then as people rush to help you, get up and say, "Nah I'm okay, I was jus messing with ya."

6) Stare at the test next to you, and when they bubble in an answer, shake your head and say, "Oooh....you know wut? Yea...I really wouldn't pick that if I were you."

7) Strap a gigantic wall clock to your wrist, and try to pass it off as a watch.

8) When the proctor asks you to read the instructions on the back and look up when your done, stare at the instructions and NEVER look up. If they ask whether you're done or not, say, "no wait..hold on..still reading" See how long they will put up with this.

9) When the proctor asks if there are any questions before you begin, raise your hand and apologize to everyone beforehand about your explosive diarrhea.

10. txguy

txguy ...
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    lol!!! :laugh:

11. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    bahahahahhahahahah :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup: :thumbup:

12. terzian

terzian MS4
    7+ Year Member

::hungover:ies::

This is the best thing ever.

13. Richie Truxillo

Richie Truxillo Your Scut Monkey Mentor
    Physician SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hahhaaha these are all great :)

14. SailCrazy

10+ Year Member

Clearly say each letter aloud as you bubble it in.

(I figure it's time to bump this thread for the next round of test takers.) :D

15. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    Sail,

You are one sadistic SOB. :laugh:

I'd stop showing up after the first day and spend my time looking for a post doc. Med school isn't worth months of repeatedly taking the MCAT every day. :smuggrin:

16. SailCrazy

10+ Year Member

When I bumped this thread I had envisioned more humerous additions to the list and fewer comments on the deviant nature of my personality! :eek: :laugh:

17. MollyMalone

MollyMalone I'm a Score Quadruplet
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Oooh, I totally missed this thread during its original incarnation.

I would tear the test booklet apart and make origami animals out of it -- "Count this, proctor!" The scantron sheets would be paper airplanes.

I'd pull out a bottle of Jack Daniel's (you know, the giant gallon sized one) and start swigging during PS and watch everyone around me go slowly insane.

I'd announce that instead of a writing sample, I wanted to give the AAMC an interpretive dance articulating my thoughts on the prompt, "All's fair in love and business." And then I'd do one.

I'd try to get the wave started. And I'd bring a beach ball to bop around.

I'd make a big show of never even opening the test booklet and just bubbling in the answers. I would attribute this during the breaks to my psychic abilities, and charge 20 bucks to read people's palms and tell them whether or not they should void.

Damn, that almost sounds like fun!

18. Anastasis

Anastasis caffeinated for safety
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Wait - I was going to do this anyway.

19. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    Maybe it's the budding shrink in me. :smuggrin:

See, the problem is that none of these suggestions is going to be fun any more after the first day. I think in this situation I, like Bill Murray, would be majorly pissed, sulk big-time, and try to risk my life in the test room in as many ways as possible. Maybe I'd bring a bungee cord with me one day, and mountain-climbing gear the next. Then I could tell people that the MCAT LITERALLY made me climb the walls. :smuggrin:

20. basfan2000

basfan2000 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think the other problem is that how would you know you got a 45T? It takes weeks to get your scores back.

21. Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Wait a minute.... I AM stuck repeating my MCAT test day over & over!!! About every 6 months !! :laugh:

22. suckermc

suckermc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ha ha..

id tatoo myself full of formulas, then do chin ups like the cat in cape fear

23. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Avatar=One of the Greats
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    A friend (who watches that movie all the time) and I actually thought this up on Groundhog Day 2006 as we watched the movie. I sadly came to the realization that it wouldn't matter since we'd be stuck on the day of the mcat, which I remember was a miserable, tiring day. Who cares about a 45T if its permanently April 22 and you're in college?

24. OwnageMobile

OwnageMobile is just a moniker.
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    You would go home after the test, and gradually solve all the problems on your own, "open book", working piece by piece every day. You wouldn't need to get your scores back.

25. SailCrazy

10+ Year Member

Well, you'd learn evenually what an @sshole you currently are, change your crazy ways, fall deeply into true love with your MCAT proctor, and finally wake up on the "next day" in bed next to them! :D

26. SailCrazy

10+ Year Member

You wouldn't even have to wait until after the test, you could just get up and walk out with your test booklet in the middle of the section! :laugh:

27. Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

Not so funny if you're ME!! :scared:

28. Beau Geste

Beau Geste yah mo b there
    Bronze Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I can't believe no one opted to try to seduce the best looking guy/girl at the test facility like Bill Murray did in GH Day! :)

29. suckermc

suckermc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

if you got tats like that you'd best share..

30. nekrogg

5+ Year Member

id stab myself in the eye

31. OctoDoc

OctoDoc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What if, the "day" that you screw around, that is the day that lets you advance to the next?

I think that the best course of action is to try to memorize the exam, and bone up on the material after the exam, just in case you have to do it again the "next day."

Boring, yes. But I am not a betting man.

After I was able to perform as well as I wanted, I would later in the day rip off an armoured car like Bill Murray. At that point, each day would be predictable and unchanging until after the exam and heist. Then I would have as much fun as I wanted, keeping in mind that I could exit the loop on that day. The fun after the MCAT and heist would make taking the exam day bearable. For a long time, at least. Just like going bar hopping after a long, eye-gougingly boring day at the office.

When I did exit the loop, I would have an awesome MCAT score, a hangover, and a lot of money to put me through med school in style (can anyone say Rodney Dangerfield in "Back to School?")!

32. LabMonster

LabMonster Clinically relevant.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Whoa. I like the Jack Daniels thing much better. I'd also bring in ten pounds of red pistachios and eat them as I went along, staining up the pages and piling up the shells on the chair/desk combo beside me. At the end of the PS section I would definitely strip down naked and run around yelling "Get these spiders off me!"