1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What I'm really dreading...

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by farleyisgod, Apr 17, 2004.

1. farleyisgod

farleyisgod you big dummy
    7+ Year Member

...is having to answer the hundreds of people that are going to ask me how I did.

2. Nuel

10+ Year Member

Same thing . . . after tons and tons of good luck. Well, to take their hopes my response: "Well, I think I might be re-taking in August." So u are pre-covered.

3. terzian

terzian MS4
    7+ Year Member

At this point I'm just shrugging and running before they can corner me.
    It's usually fun living with fifty liberal arts majors, but not after a test like this one...

4. Wait 'til you find out your score...then people will really want to know. :)

5. CanIMakeIt

CanIMakeIt Fellow
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    same here man...... I am not even taking any calls :(

6. Wahooali

Wahooali The Real Sydney Bristow
    7+ Year Member

I know what you mean. I just don't even want to think about it. At least my close friends know not to ask, they can just see the look of horror on my face.

7. shock827

shock827 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I like how people are pessimistic so they don't set themselves up for disappointment. Then, when you get your scores back and its 35, you can be like, "OMG i'm the shiznit!!!" :laugh:

8. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i just went to my job to let them know that i am ready to be put back on the schedule and all my co-workers were like "how'd you do"? my response was "OK" or "alright" and they are positively sure that i did so well because i studied so hard and took so many days off work. that only makes me feel worse because i did study so hard, i did put countless hours in this and i just dont feel good about today. it was warm to see my co-workers support but it only reminds me that my hard work may have been completely in vain. heres to august's MCAT.

9. farleyisgod

farleyisgod you big dummy
    7+ Year Member

hahaha yeah.
    "I'm SURE you did well because you studied SO hard."
    unfortunately that's not how it works.

I guess we'll see in 8 weeks.

10. superdevil

superdevil planning my escape
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yea, i definately hear that stuff about people's expectations. "oh, you always get good grades, i'm sure you did great," and, the aforementioned classic, "you studied so much, i'm sure you knew everthing." whatever. unless my nerve fails within the next 8 weeks, though, i'll still tell anyone who asks about my score. i'm just not that secretive/bashful i guess.

11. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hey Guys, cheer up! I took my first MCAT last August and walked out of the exam thinking I'd score about a 20. I had some time left over iduring the exam and I actually went through and counted the questions I really wasn't sure on. I optimistically estimated that I'd get half of those correct. When I went to the scoring table I was about ready to break down. Using the scoring table from one of the practice tests, I would have scored about a 24! After putting in all those long hours of studying I was so upset.

When October came I received my 35! 11ps, 11vr, 13bs!!! Needless to say, my worrying was all for nothing. My point is, I think just about everyone feels like you guys when they leave the test. Everybody questions their answers and has doubts creep into their minds. Don't question your ability! You know you put a great deal of effort into studying, and it will pay off! I have a feeling that many of you will be pleasantly surprised when you receive your scores. Until then, relax....there's always August (if you need it).

12. JohnDO

JohnDO MS III
    7+ Year Member

Last night I went to a friend's party and I'd say a good 20-25 people asked me how I did. Everyone was so confident that I did well because of all the time I put into it. They just don't understand :)

By the end of the night I had the standard line I was spitting out: "I don't know, it's hard to tell. We'll see in june!"

13. frank51

frank51 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Funny, people tell me the exact same thing, "you've been studying so hard, I'm sure you did well", sometimes I think that they may be right, but then I remember the test :mad:

14. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Try not to think about the test (I know it's hard, but try)...thinking about it only creates more doubt in your mind. Be confident....you tried your best, and hopefully did well....if you didn't do as well as you had hoped, you will work harder and do better in August. If you truly want to achieve your dream of being a doctor, you will. It will take some work, but you will get there, so don't worry.

15. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was stayed awake last night because I kept remembering answer i think I missed! D'OH!

16. a*brown

a*brown Member
    7+ Year Member

What's worse is when you've taken it for the 3rd time and are applying a 2nd time - after four years - but all your professors are lined up, having written great letters just waiting for you to pull through and hoping you'll make it happen... and i can't even tell how i did! i took every single practice exam i could get my hands on and the real thing was much harder than the aamc practices...