what immunology textbook is the best for USMLE step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raef

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How the immune system works ( by Lauren Sompayrac ) vs Kaplan videos and lecture notes
PS: i am planning to use first aid an Uworld also with one of these textbooks

Members don't see this ad.

How the immune system works ( by Lauren Sompayrac ) vs Kaplan videos and lecture notes
PS: i am planning to use first aid an Uworld also with one of these textbooks

FA and UW are all you'll need. Pathoma will touch on most immuno concepts you need to know. I only had one (two tops) questions that asked about light/heavy chain in context of neurological disorders. Probably brush up on HIV and hepatitii also, the material in Sketchy is enough. Oh, plus your HSRs. And, tumor markers. Hmmm, don't forget about organ rejection time frames. Damn, just know everything. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
FA and UW are all you'll need. Pathoma will touch on most immuno concepts you need to know. I only had one (two tops) questions that asked about light/heavy chain in context of neurological disorders. Probably brush up on HIV and hepatitii also, the material in Sketchy is enough. Oh, plus your HSRs. And, tumor markers. Hmmm, don't forget about organ rejection time frames. Damn, just know everything. Good luck.
Thank you , I am going to make FA and UW my ultimate study source for immunology
But I mean if i want to get some understanding of some topics before i move to FA and UW which textbook is the best ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you , I am going to make FA and UW my ultimate study source for immunology
But I mean if i want to get some understanding of some topics before i move to FA and UW which textbook is the best ?

I can't remember the sites name, but if you Google any topic and put USMLE behind it a really great resource is always the top hit. You can't miss it.

Boards & Beyond videos were great for Immuno (and for any other topic really...) Highly suggest it.