What is a good general topic for writing section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that WWII is a good topic that covers lots of questions possibly asked, is there anyother topics out there?

Members don't see this ad.

ermmm.... you can be pretty much use ANY topic in the world. i dunno how useful picking one before hand and expecting to use it on the test will be.

My topics across both essays were gay marriage, Ipods, and the pharmaceutical industry.

just keep up with current events and youll be fine.

Go with whatever you're good at. I focused on ancient history and computer stuff. Worked just fine

Repression of the residents of Zimbabwe and Francois Mitterand's right to keep his mistress private were my two.

I liked that in the essays, it seems one can go almost anywhere, provided there are examples and solid logic tying the example & counterexample together in the final paragraph. If you like WW2, I'd go with that. I was wondering if the same reader reads both essays? I'd tried to mix things up to some extent (different intro phrases) just in case.