What is a good pre-med path for undergrad other than biological sciences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the shretiology

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to go into pre-med at my university and was going through biological sciences, but I want something that will set me apart from the other applicants in med school. Does anyone know what medical schools may be looking for in a future M.D.? I heard somewhere that humanities is something that is helpful. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Major in something you like. As long as you hit all the prereqs, it doesn't matter a whole lot. Taking upper division bios looks nice regardless of major. I think you'll have stronger opportunities to set yourself apart outside the classroom through extracurriculars.

Reactions: 1 users
Major in something you like. As long as you hit all the prereqs, it doesn't matter a whole lot. Taking upper division bios looks nice regardless of major. I think you'll have stronger opportunities to set yourself apart outside the classroom through extracurriculars.
This right here.
Getting all your prereqs with good grades and solid MCAT will mean a whole lot more than whatever your major is.. Choose something you like.

Major in whatever you like the most, and do well. That's what sets you apart.

We like displays of altruism and humanism too.

Hi, I want to go into pre-med at my university and was going through biological sciences, but I want something that will set me apart from the other applicants in med school. Does anyone know what medical schools may be looking for in a future M.D.? I heard somewhere that humanities is something that is helpful. Any thoughts?