What is an EFDA and what are their duties in the dental office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brittkn33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys Im going to school for dental assisting and I have to do a 2 page report on EFDA's or extended functions Dental Assisting. The report has to be about what EFDA's are and what their roles are in the office. I already have a page done but I was hoping for some more info seeing as I'm having a REALLY hard time finding any. Please elaborate.
If you can provide links to some helpful sites that be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys Im going to school for dental assisting and I have to do a 2 page report on EFDA's or extended functions Dental Assisting. The report has to be about what EFDA's are and what their roles are in the office. I already have a page done but I was hoping for some more info seeing as I'm having a REALLY hard time finding any. Please elaborate.
If you can provide links to some helpful sites that be great.

Depends on your state.

For example:

California and Ohio EFDAs are allowed to place restorations. An EFDA in Florida can only make and cement temporaries.

You can easily fill a few pages if you look at various states that have EFDAs and their rules & regulations. Most states have an EFDA law, it depends what they can do.