What is better? MD or DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flawless

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just watched a why DO video on AACOM's website and it almost makes MD programs look bad. It says DO programs teach everything MD programs teach and on top of that, they take the patient as a whole in account. Isn't that what doctors generally do? Someone please clarify this for me.

Also are you just applying to MD program because it has more prestige and because its more competitive? Would you still be applying to MD program if DO program had more prestige and was more competitive?

Members don't see this ad.

Hate to say this, but do a search on MD vs DO. You will find literally a million threads.

I just watched a why DO video on AACOM's website and it almost makes MD programs look bad. It says DO programs teach everything MD programs teach and on top of that, they take the patient as a whole in account. Isn't that what doctors generally do? Someone please clarify this for me.

Also are you just applying to MD program because it has more prestige and because its more competitive? Would you still be applying to MD program if DO program had more prestige and was more competitive?

because house md is house md, and not house do.

duh.

Members don't see this ad :)
An MD is an academic degree like a JD or a PhD. It is usually given by universities and places of learning not diploma mills.

Does Harvard give DOs?..How about Johns Hopkins?....Surely, there must be a Dartmouth DO school if it is advanced......

Nope...Hm....Why not if it's so great?

I don't care what the DO mafia says, it isn't any better than an MD and it may in fact be worse. It is much harder to get into diagnostic radiology, urology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, or other very competitive fields being a DO. Does it happen? Sure, I've seen exceptions but they aren't the rule.

A DO is given by DO schools. I don't care how they spin it, if you look at their admission statistics they are lower than almost all MD schools and much lower than the best MD schools.

No grade school child wakes up in the morning and says "Mommy...I want to be a DO when I grow up!!!!"

....Without question though, it is better than an FMG MD.
But not a US MD.

An MD is an academic degree like a JD or a PhD. It is usually given by universities and places of learning not diploma mills.

Does Harvard give DOs?..How about Johns Hopkins?....Surely, there must be a Dartmouth DO school if it is advanced......

Nope...Hm....Why not if it's so great?

I don't care what the DO mafia says, it isn't any better than an MD and it may in fact be worse. It is much harder to get into diagnostic radiology, urology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, or other very competitive fields being a DO. Does it happen? Sure, I've seen exceptions but they aren't the rule.

A DO is given by DO schools. I don't care how they spin it, if you look at their admission statistics they are lower than almost all MD schools and much lower than the best MD schools.

No grade school child wakes up in the morning and says "Mommy...I want to be a DO when I grow up!!!!"

....Without question though, it is better than an FMG MD.
But not a US MD.

Nor do they say they want to be an MD when they grow up.

They say, they want to be a DOCTOR when they grow up. Its your choice what path you want to take.

Nor do they say they want to be an MD when they grow up.

They say, they want to be a DOCTOR when they grow up. Its your choice what path you want to take.

I said I wanted to be an MD when I grew up ;) Guess I was the only one.

fail.jpg

millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

2448391088_c1cd0e5d2f.jpg

what-is-fail.jpg

funny_fail_posters_5.jpg

watermark.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread took a wrong turn REALLY fast:

We're currently in free fall at terminal velocity towards the bottom of a

c

l

i

f

f

Hey Jessep, I have a higher GPA than u!!!

This thread is now about how much jessep is a ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.