What is competitive for an Anesthesiology Residency position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TLPRRT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing research on this but a lot of the Anesthesia Residency websites do not list scores, etc. I am new at learning the process and I still have years before I could even apply but I am just curious to know what are competitive scores and traits? I appreciate the help and I apologize in advance if this is a redundant question.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate it! Looking at your profile pic I assume we have a lot in common. I am a pilot myself too.

Nice. Professionally or just for recreation? I'm just a private pilot, haven't flown since starting med school in '09. Been having terrible withdrawals, can't wait to get back in the air someday.

Nice. Professionally or just for recreation? I'm just a private pilot, haven't flown since starting med school in '09. Been having terrible withdrawals, can't wait to get back in the air someday.

I have 150TT in Fixed Wing and 10TT in Helicopters. I only have my PPL-A currently. I too haven't flown in a few years and it's tough to supress that aviation bug. I'm having a tough time on whether to pursue an aviation career after I get my Respiratory Therapy degree, or to move on to med school. It's a tough decision because they're both strong desires to me.