njdesi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status (Visible)
For any SDNer who may know, what is the average MCAT for an acceptee to UMDNJSOM??? I have heard anywhere from 25-30.
I retook in August, and brought my PS up to an 8, 8VR (same),
9BS (same), WS-P and now I have a 25 P. Is this decent?

applicant2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2001
from a computer connected to the internet
Visit site
Status (Visible)
umdnj-som from what i have heard likes to see a 27 mcat and above a 3.5 gpa avg for the class.

i think that the avg for the class of 06 is 26/ and a little above 3.5.

they want to make sure that you can handle medical school. consistency in gpa and mcat is probably best, but a high gpa (depending on difficulty of coursework) may offset a slightly lower mcat score and vice versa.

of course remember that many other factors will play into an admission like ec, under and grad grades, recommendations, and a desire for osteopathic medicine.

nj residency will definitely help.

umdnj is one of the best medical schools in the country (allopathic cor osteopathic) IMHO :)

good luck with your app:)

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status (Visible)
i don't personally know the mcat average for SOM but I think a 27 is about right. i went for an interview 9/20, so my three weeks are almost up! (they said the admissions committee was meeting in three weeks) i'm super nervous! i just want to get in! :) If I could get in this early, I'd....well...I don't know what I'd do.

Anyone know the acceptance rate to UMDNJ-SOM from interviews??

About the Ads

allan120

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
www.geocities.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by smilez428
Anyone know the acceptance rate to UMDNJ-SOM from interviews??

When I went for my interview on 10/04, Dean Wallace (nice, funny man) told my group that the rate was ~70%.

He mentioned that the average MCAT was usually very close to the averages for UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson and UMDNJ Newark.

Hope you find that encouraging.

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status (Visible)
i also met dean wallace-

awesome guy! :) he bought all of the interviewees breakfast! anyone going to interview there- don't be scared at all- they are super friendly! :) (the interview got a little stressful for a second- but otherwise pretty good stuff)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads