njdesi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
For any SDNer who may know, what is the average MCAT for an acceptee to UMDNJSOM??? I have heard anywhere from 25-30.
I retook in August, and brought my PS up to an 8, 8VR (same),
9BS (same), WS-P and now I have a 25 P. Is this decent?

applicant2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
umdnj-som from what i have heard likes to see a 27 mcat and above a 3.5 gpa avg for the class.

i think that the avg for the class of 06 is 26/ and a little above 3.5.

they want to make sure that you can handle medical school. consistency in gpa and mcat is probably best, but a high gpa (depending on difficulty of coursework) may offset a slightly lower mcat score and vice versa.

of course remember that many other factors will play into an admission like ec, under and grad grades, recommendations, and a desire for osteopathic medicine.

nj residency will definitely help.

umdnj is one of the best medical schools in the country (allopathic cor osteopathic) IMHO :)

good luck with your app:)

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
i don't personally know the mcat average for SOM but I think a 27 is about right. i went for an interview 9/20, so my three weeks are almost up! (they said the admissions committee was meeting in three weeks) i'm super nervous! i just want to get in! :) If I could get in this early, I'd....well...I don't know what I'd do.

Anyone know the acceptance rate to UMDNJ-SOM from interviews??

About the Ads

allan120

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
www.geocities.com
Status
Originally posted by smilez428
Anyone know the acceptance rate to UMDNJ-SOM from interviews??
When I went for my interview on 10/04, Dean Wallace (nice, funny man) told my group that the rate was ~70%.

He mentioned that the average MCAT was usually very close to the averages for UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson and UMDNJ Newark.

Hope you find that encouraging.

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
i also met dean wallace-

awesome guy! :) he bought all of the interviewees breakfast! anyone going to interview there- don't be scared at all- they are super friendly! :) (the interview got a little stressful for a second- but otherwise pretty good stuff)

About the Ads