What is considered a competitive Comlex score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiveStrong

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one know what kind of score is considered competitive for IM, FM, Ortho, Derm, OB/GYN??? Congrats to everyone who passed! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I hope so..... I have been reading these posts today and feel kind of stupid. I got my score back today.....614=90%. I think I just barely got the 90 though. Who Are these people getting the 99%?????

well, honestly, if 3000 people take the test, statistically, there should be only 30-60 99%, right? Anything around 85% and up is very good. You cant look at the few people on here as indicative of any trend, thats for sure. Anyone who passes that stinking test should be proud, in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
smedly2 said:
I hope so..... I have been reading these posts today and feel kind of stupid. I got my score back today.....614=90%. I think I just barely got the 90 though. Who Are these people getting the 99%?????

Don't worry...you're still well above me. :)

I have to agree with Idio on his statement. Anyone who passes should be proud.

For those of you 700+; "We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're scum! We suck!" -Wayne's World.

I think LiveStrong has a good question. The problem is...No one knows what score is good for ortho and other competitive spots on the DO side. I think we all know what's good in the USMLE, but there's nothing out there showing what you need for DOs. Maybe we can fix it together by reporting how we did and where we are going when the time comes?

For IM and FM, I think pretty much passing will get you a residency somewhere (maybe not at top programs, but somewhere). I'm not sure about Ob/Gyn. But for ortho and derm, which aren't exactly DO-friendly, I would think that a 600+ COMLEX score would be helpful. And for those programs you would probably need to do well on the USMLE as well.

Just my 2 cents, don't know how accurate it is... :)

Bumping this back from the stone age...

How competitive is a 547/85?