disruptor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
Hey guys, sorry but I couldn't find specifically where it lists what kind of classes are considered liberal arts?

Thanks

Tzips

Chocoholic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
Peering around the corner...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
disruptor said:
Hey guys, sorry but I couldn't find specifically where it lists what kind of classes are considered liberal arts?

Thanks
Is there any specific reason you need to know? The only things that AADSAS differentiates are the BCP and science classes, so I guess from their POV you can consider every non-science class as liberal arts.

OP
D

disruptor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
Hey Tzips,

Nova wants a letter of recommendation from a professor in the fine arts so that's why I was wondering. But I am pretty sure it is anything but science, i can't see it being literally an arts class or something? Thanks.

USUaggie

bringing ugly back
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
out fighting foo
Status
They want a fine art letter? That's wierd, I didn't send them one, but I had a commitee letter so that's different anyway. My advice is to ask the non-science professor you know the best or did the best in their class so they can write you a good letter.

Tzips

Chocoholic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
Peering around the corner...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I agree, that is a bit odd. I had a committee letter, though, so I really can't comment.

If they asked for a fine arts letter, you probably could have it from a studio art prof (?), but I'd recommend someone like an English prof if possible - they can generally write excellenty, and it shows that you are a multitalented, multifaceted person.

:luck: !

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Status
disruptor said:

Thanks
Courses under the aegis of Liberal Arts include art, English, literature, philosophy, mathematics, social sciences, art history, history, and language courses to name a few. I don't recall NOVA requesting a LOR from a fine arts professor (which would be either a painting or sculpture instructor). I didn't have one in my LOR lineup and was accepted to NOVA - if that helps clear things up.