What is considered an impressive DAT score nowadays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kulfi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
j

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been noticing an upward trend in DAT scores.. or maybe it is just on this forum? But is scoring a 22-23 no longer seen as a great score? Or is it becoming the usual?
22-23 is amazing! The thing that you gotta remember is that theres like, what, 13,000 people taking the DAT across the country, and of those, a small percentage are the ones posting the "great" scores on SDN. No doubt scores are improving, but you gotta remember, each school is different, and each applicant brings more to the table than just the DAT. I still think, and so do many others, that 20+ is admirable!

I've been noticing an upward trend in DAT scores.. or maybe it is just on this forum? But is scoring a 22-23 no longer seen as a great score? Or is it becoming the usual?
I think you have to remember that not only is the SDN sample size small, it is also composed of people that went out of their way to seek guidance on what's the best way to study or prepare for dental school. Also most of the people posting are proud of their scores (they deserve it) and want to help out all the other SDN users.

SDNers are really driven and practice . A smaller sample population than actual. Seems on here many people have good scores however that's only due to the fact only the make driven and well prepared applicants use this website