SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What is deferal?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nazgul137, Mar 17, 2002.

1. nazgul137

nazgul137 Junior Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I got a double deferal from a medical school, I was defered after the interview and a 2nd time after they reviewed my application again. Now they tell me they will review me again after they review the other applicants they are still interviewing. Can anyone tell me what this means or what my chances are? I know it?s late but I am hoping it is a good sign.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    It's just a waitlist. And if you want to know what your chances are of getting off it, you'll have to list the school. They all handle waitlists differently. Hopefully someone here will have had experience with that particular institution.

4. nazgul137

nazgul137 Junior Member

Mar 15, 2002
    The school I was double deferred from was University of Kentucky. Does anyone know about the movement on their waitlist?

5. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Kentucky
    Hi Nazgul (Very cool name, by the way)

I would think that it is at the very minimum not a bad sign. I might not go as far as saying it was a good sign, but I haven't met anyone before who's been through that situation at Kentucky. The reason I say it isn't bad, is because they have already decided not to reject you on two occasions. That is some encouragement, at least that's how I'd take it.

I'll be heading there in the fall, so I hope to see you there too. Good luck. :)

6. miami did the same crap to me. guess it is better than being rejected.

i called the office and the secretary said it is "not a bad thing".