1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What is deferal?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nazgul137, Mar 17, 2002.

1. nazgul137

nazgul137 Junior Member

I got a double deferal from a medical school, I was defered after the interview and a 2nd time after they reviewed my application again. Now they tell me they will review me again after they review the other applicants they are still interviewing. Can anyone tell me what this means or what my chances are? I know it?s late but I am hoping it is a good sign.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

It's just a waitlist. And if you want to know what your chances are of getting off it, you'll have to list the school. They all handle waitlists differently. Hopefully someone here will have had experience with that particular institution.

4. nazgul137

nazgul137 Junior Member

The school I was double deferred from was University of Kentucky. Does anyone know about the movement on their waitlist?

5. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Hi Nazgul (Very cool name, by the way)

I would think that it is at the very minimum not a bad sign. I might not go as far as saying it was a good sign, but I haven't met anyone before who's been through that situation at Kentucky. The reason I say it isn't bad, is because they have already decided not to reject you on two occasions. That is some encouragement, at least that's how I'd take it.

I'll be heading there in the fall, so I hope to see you there too. Good luck. :)

6. miami did the same crap to me. guess it is better than being rejected.

i called the office and the secretary said it is "not a bad thing".