What is factored into overall GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSchoolHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you already have an undergrad degree and then go back to school for the prereqs, will they include the new courses taken for prereqs in your overall GPA? or is your overall GPA just stuck as is since you already finished your undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming that your overall GPA is everything that you have done for classes during and after your undergraduate. Otherwise nobody would do a post baccalaureate program if it didn't improve your GPA.

That's what I was thinking. Makes sense. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you already have an undergrad degree and then go back to school for the prereqs, will they include the new courses taken for prereqs in your overall GPA? or is your overall GPA just stuck as is since you already finished your undergrad?

anything that is undergrad related + post bacck (like classes you take after graduation) are ALL included into the overall-GPA

exception, when you enroll into a masters program, that just creates a brand new GPA column for you (called graduate GPA). However, the undergrad GPA will still be there, so you'll have 2 columns, one undergrad, other masters.

Community college classes + Undergrad univ/college class + post-bacc classes

I think master's program and AP classes from high school don't get calculated in there.