Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What is important in BCPM, content or title?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MyEyesMesmerize, May 15, 2002.

1. MyEyesMesmerize

MyEyesMesmerize Senior Member

I was wondering how I could classify some course work that is taught by the science departments and have the prefix of either CHM, BSC, or BMS? Some courses may not have much actual science in it. What do i do about tutoring for credit courses, independent study, and a class in biomedical science about health issues?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MyEyesMesmerize

MyEyesMesmerize Senior Member

bump! c'mon people i know you guys have been through this before...help me out i'm tryin to fill this thing out now...lolol

4. RLMD

RLMD blah

Medical Student
    AMCAS says to classify courses based on content. If your class is primarily about health issues, then you should classify it under health science.
    You should classify the tutoring and independent study courses by the subject you tutored in and what area your independent study was in. I would look over the instruction book on the AMCAS website also.

5. Mr. H

I heard about putting independent study as "other", check out my other thread and post some questions you'd like to ask