What is important in BCPM, content or title?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how I could classify some course work that is taught by the science departments and have the prefix of either CHM, BSC, or BMS? Some courses may not have much actual science in it. What do i do about tutoring for credit courses, independent study, and a class in biomedical science about health issues?

Members don't see this ad.

bump! c'mon people i know you guys have been through this before...help me out i'm tryin to fill this thing out now...lolol

AMCAS says to classify courses based on content. If your class is primarily about health issues, then you should classify it under health science.
You should classify the tutoring and independent study courses by the subject you tutored in and what area your independent study was in. I would look over the instruction book on the AMCAS website also.

I heard about putting independent study as "other", check out my other thread and post some questions you'd like to ask