what is MD students opinion of DO med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
group_theory said:
When choosing doctors, the first thing that I want to know is "do other doctors trust this guy/gal?" I don't care about where he/she went to medical school, or residency? My question would be "is he/she board certified?" and "would health care professionals who know this doctor TRUST their life and their family's life to this doctor?"

Agree... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Great. We're all in agreement now. DO's are respected by MD students. The issue is closed. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
drguy22 said:
"Admission to osteopathic medical school is competitive. For the 2003 entering class, the average MCAT scores were 7.97 verbal, 7.76 physical and 8.26 biology. The average overall grade point average was 3.36 and the average science grade point average was 3.23. " AACOM

avg GPA 3.36
avg sci gpa 3.23
avg MCAT 24

I too wish for this thread to die, but I just want to correct this point before it dies (I like beating the dead grass created by the dead horse that was beaten)

Sweet, Susan. Undergraduate Osteopathic Medical Education. JAOA, Vol 104, Number 11. Nov 2004. Page 463

Freshmen entering the 2003-2004 academic year had a mean grade point average of 3.45, which is slightly higher than the mean GPA of the 2002-2003 academic year (3.43). Mean MCAT scores for these freshman were as follows: biological sciences, 8.51; physical sciences, 7.77; and verbal reasoning, 8.07.

Dunno why the numbers are different from the ones AACOM provided.

group_theory said:
I too wish for this thread to die, but I just want to correct this point before it dies (I like beating the dead grass created by the dead horse that was beaten)

Sweet, Susan. Undergraduate Osteopathic Medical Education. JAOA, Vol 104, Number 11. Nov 2004. Page 463

Freshmen entering the 2003-2004 academic year had a mean grade point average of 3.45, which is slightly higher than the mean GPA of the 2002-2003 academic year (3.43). Mean MCAT scores for these freshman were as follows: biological sciences, 8.51; physical sciences, 7.77; and verbal reasoning, 8.07.

Dunno why the numbers are different from the ones AACOM provided.

Your point is corrected. :) Now may this thread rest in peace. I'm gonna curse it now. May a plague of locusts infest the underpants of anyone who dares to reopen this most acursed thread.

This thread is dead.

phoenixsupra said:
Your point is corrected. :) Now may this thread rest in peace. I'm gonna curse it now. May a plague of locusts infest the underpants of anyone who dares to reopen this most acursed thread.

This thread is dead.

Just wanted to see if your curse worked. No locusts in my fruit of the looms yet. :smuggrin: But the night is young ;)

whats up guys

I was just curious about what MDs think of DOs??
please discuss.

medic170 said:
Just wanted to see if your curse worked. No locusts in my fruit of the looms yet. :smuggrin: But the night is young ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The curse is not instant but it is inevitable. For your audaciousness I'm adding a swarm or two of killer bees to sting on your genitals.

The next person to post will be cursed with a week of the worst luck they ever experienced including severe financial loss and the death of a loved one. :cool:

Wait, aren't DOs the same as chiropracters?

(He says in an attempt to keep the thread from the ignomious death it so richly deserves, praying that somewhere out there is an uptight Ivy League bound pre-med with no sense of humor and a vastly inflated sense of self-worth...please...please...just this once, God...don't let this thread die...)

Status
Not open for further replies.