What is my CHANCE to get into the M.D. schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaterDragon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My stats: cGPA: 3.93, sGPA: 3.91, MCAT: 26Q. I am an immigrant from the Republic of Korea 7 years ago and I am studying the Physiology at the University of Arizona. I believe I have good LOR and ECs. My AMCAS application has been submitted and verified. I submitted some of the secondaries already. If you can estimate my chance of getting into any M.D. schools I applied, can you give me any of your opinions? Any opinions are appreciated. The 14 schools I applied are following:

Albany Medical College Regular M.D. No
Baylor College of Medicine Regular M.D. No
Creighton University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
George Washington University Sch of Med & Hlth Sci Regular M.D. No
Howard University Regular M.D. No
Jefferson Medical Coll. of Thomas Jefferson Univ. Regular M.D. No
Loma Linda University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
Medical College of Wisconsin Regular M.D. No
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Scien Regular M.D. No
Temple University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
Tulane University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Regular M.D. No
University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Regular M.D. No
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Regular M.D. No

Honestly, I think I applied to the low-mid tier level of M.D. schools in my opinion. Let me know your opinions! Any input of yours is welcome!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why did you type "No" after every college you listed?

Also, you may want to list your EC's. If you end up becoming a re-applicant you may want advice on improving them.

Based solely on the numbers, you can get a decent estimate with the stickied thread in this forum.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=838625

You already know your MCAT is very low for MD schools, so I would study to retake it. It won't help for this cycle, but if you get universally rejected, it will help for the next one.

My stats: cGPA: 3.93, sGPA: 3.91, MCAT: 26Q. I am an immigrant from the Republic of Korea 7 years ago and I am studying the Physiology at the University of Arizona. I believe I have good LOR and ECs. My AMCAS application has been submitted and verified. I submitted some of the secondaries already. If you can estimate my chance of getting into any M.D. schools I applied, can you give me any of your opinions? Any opinions are appreciated. The 14 schools I applied are following:

Albany Medical College Regular M.D. No
Baylor College of Medicine Regular M.D. No
Creighton University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
George Washington University Sch of Med & Hlth Sci Regular M.D. No
Howard University Regular M.D. No
Jefferson Medical Coll. of Thomas Jefferson Univ. Regular M.D. No
Loma Linda University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
Medical College of Wisconsin Regular M.D. No
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Scien Regular M.D. No
Temple University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
Tulane University School of Medicine Regular M.D. No
University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Regular M.D. No
University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Regular M.D. No
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Regular M.D. No

Honestly, I think I applied to the low-mid tier level of M.D. schools in my opinion. Let me know your opinions! Any input of yours is welcome!

Thanks!

I have a hard time believing you are black.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your MCAT subscores?

Did you think of applying to some DO med schools also, where your MCAT score is average-ish for those matriculating?

Sorry for not being detailed on the MCAT score. VR: 6, PS: 10, BS: 10 Writing: Q. Obviously, this was my score from 2nd time retaking. I know this sounds ridiculous. But, I had 16O at the first try.

I applied to 3 D.O. schools and I just sent the MCAT score to the AACOMAS. So, you think I will have a better chance at matriculating in D.O. schools, right?

While the historically 45ish % chance of success for Asians applying with your stats at an MD school isn't insignificant (and some schools may interpret your VS in light of your ESL, giving you extra consideration), I think your chances are much better at DO schools that don't have cutoffs at 7, and there's no reason not to apply to both types of med school.

Very nice job raising the MCAT on the second try. Well done.

Why did you type "No" after every college you listed?

Also, you may want to list your EC's. If you end up becoming a re-applicant you may want advice on improving them.

Based solely on the numbers, you can get a decent estimate with the stickied thread in this forum.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=838625

You already know your MCAT is very low for MD schools, so I would study to retake it. It won't help for this cycle, but if you get universally rejected, it will help for the next one.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it! Well, I tried my best and got 26Q which was my 2nd try. On the first try, I got 160...I can't really do anything about the MCAT score at the moment since I submitted a few secondary M.D. schools, already. I applied 3 D.O. schools and AACOMAS is processing it at the moment.

If you want to further comment on my ECs, I re-posted the thread at 3:53pm today under the same section, "What are my chances?" I hope you have a chance to read my EC and further comment on my chance to get into M.D. schools.