What is postbach exactly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supertrooper66

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear many of you talk about postbach. what is this defined as exactly? it's not grad school, right?

i'm actually finishing my degree in 3 years. next year i'll be going to my state school as a "transfer student" to just take some more undergrad classes to hopefully help out my gpa. are these classes considered postbach for me? i mean, i'm just taking them for fun, not for another degree or anything. i don't need these classes since ill have my bio BS finished at my current school this summer. I just thought I might as well take a few classes for fun to stay in the groove of school as i'm applying this cycle and work on my gpa in the process if i don't get in this cycle. so i'm postbach or what? i'm just planning on telling ppl i meet there that i'm a senior lol

Members don't see this ad.

The period of classical composition after 1750, including such composers as Mozart, Beethoven, Rosetti, and Capuzzi.

I hear many of you talk about postbach. what is this defined as exactly? it's not grad school, right?

i'm actually finishing my degree in 3 years. next year i'll be going to my state school as a "transfer student" to just take some more undergrad classes to hopefully help out my gpa. are these classes considered postbach for me? i mean, i'm just taking them for fun, not for another degree or anything. i don't need these classes since ill have my bio BS finished at my current school this summer. I just thought I might as well take a few classes for fun to stay in the groove of school as i'm applying this cycle and work on my gpa in the process if i don't get in this cycle. so i'm postbach or what? i'm just planning on telling ppl i meet there that i'm a senior lol

It's post-bacc (or post-baccalaureate), meaning post-bachelor's degree. To answer your question, yes, you would be considered post-bacc. Many schools have specific post-bacc programs, which are designed to get pre-med students who already have degrees the prerequisite courses they need and/or additional science courses to demonstrate their ability. You taking undergraduate classes after you finish your degree fits the bill also.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, you're all a bunch of *******s.

thanks for the one REAL reply.

i thought it was short for "post-bachelors," hence the "bach." my bad!

lol, you're all a bunch of *******s.

thanks for the one REAL reply.

i thought it was short for "post-bachelors," hence the "bach." my bad!

dude, we weren't picking on you. lt dan just gave a humorous response. and hey, you got the answer you needed. win-win, imo :)