what is probationary status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twostep376

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On SDN... what is it?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question... sometimes I see users with orange or red colored usernames and I wonder what it means. My first guess is that it means the user is close to being banned, but wouldn't having a different color other than blue be special and be more of a reward?

Members don't see this ad :)
and also, why is it that some people are "banned for trolling" and others are only "banned" ??

and also, why is it that some people are "banned for trolling" and others are only "banned" ??
More humiliating? Other than that I have no clue.

i want answers.:confused:
i guess the mods dont feel like answering. you'd think someone would have at least dropped a link to some answers by now.

More humiliating? Other than that I have no clue.
I was told that new users with few posts are typically banned immediately, whereas more frequent users are warned or put on probation first.

banned is being racist/harassing/etc
banned for trolling is for trolling.

red/orange is STOP! light colour.

I have the same question... sometimes I see users with orange or red colored usernames and I wonder what it means. My first guess is that it means the user is close to being banned, but wouldn't having a different color other than blue be special and be more of a reward?
either way, it makes them stand out

and yes, it means they're close to being banned and are having some posting privileges temporarily taken away.

regarding banned vs banned for trolling, it depends what buttons we click on when we ban them.

woah ive been mia from sdn for a while and that's the first time ive seen an "nc pa" icon. what's it for?

woah ive been mia from sdn for a while and that's the first time ive seen an "nc pa" icon. what's it for?

damn that is a great name, i should have gone with captain falcon

Uhh, I think I joined a social group or something and it came with it.

Oh, and why do some members have bolded screennames and others don't? I haven't figured out that one yet.