what is temple's FAP Waiver? strange email....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, 4 months after i turned in my secondary, i get a strange email saying that my FAP Waiver is missing. What is this?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same email today. Not sure what the FAP Waiver is, I'm assuming it's a fee waiver of some sort and not something required for app completion.

What I couldn't tell was if they considered my app completed or not. I spoke with them on the phone several weeks ago and was told that my app was complete and under review. If this email implies that there's something missing I'm going to be pretty upset! My guess (and hope) is that this is just a last call for all app documents.

In any case, I'm planning on calling Mon a.m. to find out what's going on.

Anyone else have any info about this email??

Temple is on crack, I've got the same email today. Funny thing is I got my acceptance to temple yesterday via snail mail. If that doesn't say they smoke crack in philly, I don't know what else does. Oh ya, the week before I got a letter from them saying I was in their continuing candidates list. I thought they were doing a tulane on me, but I guess people actually get in off this list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the same email also. Sounds like a computer generated email that goes out to everyone. I have no idea what FAP stands for. I even tried doing a search on their webpage.

Got this email too. :confused: FAP is AAMC's Fee Assistance Program for those who qualify, which is actually very few. Sounds like some email bug.

I thought I was losing my mind! I got it as well, and they told me my app was complete in October!

yeah, i got the same email on the day i received my acceptance. but they also said that they hadn't received my letters of recommendation yet, which is funny, because my interviewer mentioned my letters during my interview back in october, not to mention i don't think they would let me into their school with such an incomplete file.

Did anyone else think it was odd that their e-mail was sent at 2:30 am on a sunday morning?

i got this email too...and i did think it was weird that I got it on the weekend...hopefully some computer generated glitch that was meant to go out on February 1st to every one in their system, regardless of acceptance status.

I got the e-mail also. However, in my case, I do have a missing LOR. I had already discovered this last week and have taken care of the situation. However, I must say that I appreciate the fact that Temple is considerate enough to try and work with applicants that may not have all of their stuff in as of yet.

yep, you can add me to the list of this strange temple email business:rolleyes:

Add one more. Application complete several months ago (I think? :confused: )

I had withdrawn my application already and previously got something that said my application was complete. Clearly an error...