What is the best advice anyone can give?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is Pediactric Oncology a good field?

• Yes Definately

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • If it what u want

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No why would you do that?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I dont care

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MandeeW

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious as to what is everyones best advice they can give me... i am a freshman in college and am nervous about what if i make a mistake... please if there is anyone who can help me out email me at [email protected] thank you so much

Amanda

Members don't see this ad.

Mandee,

You have some time to consider your options, so if you make a mistake it will be a very well-planned mistake. :)

I will start med school next fall and I am set on adult med onc, but I realize that I will experience so much in med school, I must leave my options open.

You have four years of college, then four years of medical school ahead of you. It could be close to six years before you will make the choice to specialize in peds. If it is your dream, follow it! If you have not already had close, long term contact and commitment to ped onc, I suggest you look into volunteering.

Good luck!

Isid

Hi, I'm a sophomore in college and I am considering pediatric oncology. I don't think that there are any BAD fields in medicine. They are all important. Just remember that it takes a very special type of person to be a pediatric oncologist. If you're considering it, you have plenty of time to see if you have what it takes.:)

Freshman in college?

CHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have 10 years until you have to decide.

In reality you probably won't even get into medical school, or change your major after the guy you like in sophomore English turns out to be pre law

:hardy: