What is the best book to read to prepare for medical school interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I say book because an entire book is more thorough than a website or hour long video, but if you have a particularly great video or website, I'm all ears. I just want to prepare for interviews.

Specifically, I'm interested in hearing as many common interview questions as possible so i can start thinking about what the question is really looking for and how i can approach answering it honestly and to the best of my abilities.

Members don't see this ad.

A book called "The Medical School Interview" was rather helpful for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
You can honestly just google/youtube/sdn everything these days. Doubt a book would contain any info you wouldn't be able to find on your own.

There are so many resources at your disposal, you just have to look for them.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I read "The D.O.'s" by Norman Gevitz for background and reviewed some basic bioethics stuff (like here). There are several other university premed offices that publish list of questions and tips on their websites - just google for them.

Reactions: 1 user
I say book because an entire book is more thorough than a website or hour long video, but if you have a particularly great video or website, I'm all ears. I just want to prepare for interviews.

Specifically, I'm interested in hearing as many common interview questions as possible so i can start thinking about what the question is really looking for and how i can approach answering it honestly and to the best of my abilities.

The best books to read are people. Go and talk start a conversation with a random person. Talk about life, your likes, your dislikes, kittens, whatever. The point is to make yourself seem more natural and personable when conversing with someone, be it an interviewer or a fellow student. The questions you'll be asked are pretty predictable for the most part (why do you want to be a doctor, why this school, etc.) Be real, be genuine.

Reactions: 1 users
Amazon product

Go to a library and request this book. It's concise and EXTREMELY helpful. I had a very successful cycle and this book was part of the reason.

I read Gevitz and hoped I'd be able to shoehorn it into an interview.

7 DO interviews later and no oppurtunnities :(