What is the best cellphone service to use if a student at NSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BostonSean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which cell service is the cheapest monthly, and has the bes coverage in the Fort Lauderdale area and in Florida in general?

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I used sprintpcs whiel I was down at NSU. I still use it now, and have the add-a-phone option, it costs me about $80 a month...

Q, DO

My husband set up our phones and found a good deal with sprint. It has been good so far; the only problems I have is that I dont get reception in some parts of the school and I think my calls get dropped too much but he says his never get dropped. If I get a studyroom in the library, I have to be in one of the closer rooms to the windows b/c I dont get reception towards the middle of the building. I think we pay 80 bucks for two phones - we get free nights and weekends and free pcs to pcs but I'm not sure how many anytime minutes we get.

War Eagle,
AUdacious
NSUCOM M1

Members don't see this ad :)
I have Tmobile because I get coverage everywhere at school. I switched from Sprint because I couldn't get coverage in the library, anatomy lab, etc.

I use TMobile as well and I didn't have any problems anywhere in campus. Two phones and free mobile-to-mobile, weekends, and nights for about $60/month.

I have t-mobile and I really like the service I have had for 2 years. I didn't have any problems with my phone down there at all. I am glad to hear that in the library you can still get good reception.

Nothing like talking on the phone in the "quiet area"

he he