1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What is the best cellphone service to use if a student at NSU?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by BostonSean, Apr 28, 2004.

1. BostonSean

BostonSean Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Which cell service is the cheapest monthly, and has the bes coverage in the Fort Lauderdale area and in Florida in general?

Any thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I used sprintpcs whiel I was down at NSU. I still use it now, and have the add-a-phone option, it costs me about $80 a month...

Q, DO

4. AUdacious

AUdacious ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My husband set up our phones and found a good deal with sprint. It has been good so far; the only problems I have is that I dont get reception in some parts of the school and I think my calls get dropped too much but he says his never get dropped. If I get a studyroom in the library, I have to be in one of the closer rooms to the windows b/c I dont get reception towards the middle of the building. I think we pay 80 bucks for two phones - we get free nights and weekends and free pcs to pcs but I'm not sure how many anytime minutes we get.

War Eagle,
    AUdacious
    NSUCOM M1

5. Heeed!

Heeed! On target, On time!
    10+ Year Member

I have Tmobile because I get coverage everywhere at school. I switched from Sprint because I couldn't get coverage in the library, anatomy lab, etc.

6. bgworm

bgworm Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I use TMobile as well and I didn't have any problems anywhere in campus. Two phones and free mobile-to-mobile, weekends, and nights for about $60/month.

7. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have t-mobile and I really like the service I have had for 2 years. I didn't have any problems with my phone down there at all. I am glad to hear that in the library you can still get good reception.

Nothing like talking on the phone in the "quiet area"

he he