What is the best mcat prep book princeton review or examkrackers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biologyjunkie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw princeton review book at bookstore.
Its complete edition 2014.
It includes all subjects on mcat.
But its 100 dollars and so is examkrackers.
Which is better book to thoroughly prepare you for mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Princeton review in bookstore = bad
EK on its own isn't too great.. but it is better

Invest in Berkeley Review or Princeton Review HYPERLEARNING series if you are looking for a very thorough preparation. Only go EK if you are short on time or have a very, very good background in the prereqs already.

Princeton review in bookstore = bad
EK on its own isn't too great.. but it is better

Invest in Berkeley Review or Princeton Review HYPERLEARNING series if you are looking for a very thorough preparation. Only go EK if you are short on time or have a very, very good background in the prereqs already.

What's the difference? I don't think they are selling non-hyperlearning series anymore. As far as I know all their content books are now called Hyperlearning

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure they sell their "Cracking the MCAT" series in bookstores vs. the Hyperlearning set only through their courses

http://www.amazon.com/Cracking-2013-2014-Edition-Graduate-Preparation/dp/0307945340/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389510307&sr=8-1&keywords=princeton review mcat

Cracking the MCAT is just one single book not a series.

These are their official review books:

This is for bio: http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Revie...9510996&sr=8-2&keywords=princeton+review+mcat

They used to have one called Hyperlearning Series but now they are all the same. Now they only call their workbooks: The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Workbooks ...

No, you don't need to take their course to get access to their review books. The course only provides extra workbooks which have questions/passages only, not content

You can buy their content review books (one day called hyperlearning) through amazon/ebay/etc..

Cracking the MCAT is just one single book not a series.

These are their official review books:

This is for bio: http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Review-Graduate-School-Preparation/dp/0375427929/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389510996&sr=8-2&keywords=princeton review mcat

They used to have one called Hyperlearning Series but now they are all the same. Now they only call their workbooks: The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Workbooks ...

That's actually the series I was referring to.. thought they were all "Cracking the MCAT"

It's no where near similar to the Hyperlearning series though. I actually like their content review somewhat better but you get just about an EK's worth of practice problems per topic.. not enough.

The content review segments WERE different between the two versions I saw, at the very least. Both fairly recent as well (2010+).

Last edited:
too old.

Test changed significantly when it went to CBT in 2007. Get something more recent, 2010+ preferably.

If you buy materials used, you might not have to decide which one to get. I was a poor but was able to find most materials used. You can get used books and and AAMC exams for $500 if you shop carefully. The TBR physics book was worth cost new because it helped so much, and you can resell TBR books for what you pay for them.