1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What is the best prep for easy understanding of the mcat subjects.

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by buomyta, Apr 25, 2004.

1. buomyta

buomyta Member
    7+ Year Member

Is the Nova Physics MCAT prep any good?

What are good general chem and organic chem books for understanding the material necessary for the mcat

I took the Kaplan Class course for the April MCAT, I have ExamKrackers Audioosmosis cds and I used the online AAMC practice tests.

Any recommendations on books for really understanding the subjects?

I was hoping to take Genetics this summer but they are not offering at the local colleges. Any good preps for the genetics portion?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. flighterdoc

flighterdoc Rocket Scientist
    7+ Year Member

did you TAKE the april MCAT?

There isn;t that much genetics on the MCAT, and it's all covered in basic biology. The Examkrackers seemed adequate.

4. buomyta

buomyta Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, I took the April MCAT. I put a lot of study hours in. It has been many years since I took all the science prereqs so I had to initially concentrate on getting the content down and then focus on testing strategy. I'm not too confident on how my test went. I ran out of time on the Physical science section. Near the end, I only had time to bubble in the last couple of passages. I really think that's going to hurt me. Maybe I didn't have a good grasp on the physics as I thought I did.