What is the best prep for easy understanding of the mcat subjects.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buomyta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the Nova Physics MCAT prep any good?

What are good general chem and organic chem books for understanding the material necessary for the mcat

I took the Kaplan Class course for the April MCAT, I have ExamKrackers Audioosmosis cds and I used the online AAMC practice tests.

Any recommendations on books for really understanding the subjects?

I was hoping to take Genetics this summer but they are not offering at the local colleges. Any good preps for the genetics portion?

Members don't see this ad.

buomyta said:
Is the Nova Physics MCAT prep any good?

What are good general chem and organic chem books for understanding the material necessary for the mcat

I took the Kaplan Class course for the April MCAT, I have ExamKrackers Audioosmosis cds and I used the online AAMC practice tests.

Any recommendations on books for really understanding the subjects?

I was hoping to take Genetics this summer but they are not offering at the local colleges. Any good preps for the genetics portion?

did you TAKE the april MCAT?

There isn;t that much genetics on the MCAT, and it's all covered in basic biology. The Examkrackers seemed adequate.

Yes, I took the April MCAT. I put a lot of study hours in. It has been many years since I took all the science prereqs so I had to initially concentrate on getting the content down and then focus on testing strategy. I'm not too confident on how my test went. I ran out of time on the Physical science section. Near the end, I only had time to bubble in the last couple of passages. I really think that's going to hurt me. Maybe I didn't have a good grasp on the physics as I thought I did.