1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best source to study for the OMM part of Complex 2?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by YoungDO, Mar 3, 2001.

1. YoungDO

YoungDO New Member

Hello,

What is the best WEBSITE that has information on the essentials of OMM to do well on the Complex part 2? I heard that they ask a lot on OMM and what is the main focus?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drusso

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Kuchera's book, "osteopathic considersations in systemic disease" would be a good reference for step II.

4. YoungDO

YoungDO New Member

Thank you for the info. But I am wondering if there is a WEBSITE that has information equivalent to the book that you have just mentioned. The part 2 board is this Tuesday (Mar 6) and I just need a quick review on all the essentials of OMM.

Can anyone point me to the right direction? Thank you.

5. demasima

demasima New Member

I write for part II of the boards. I write the Ob/Gyn and OMM portions. Stop worrying about websites. Just stick to the basics you were taught. No one is out to "nail a medical student". There can only be one right answer. The day of the "K" question is dead.We spend a great deal of time writing these questions so that there can only be one correct answer- never will there be a situation where you have to "toss a coin" between answers.

------------------
    demasima

6. ADRIANSHOE

ADRIANSHOE Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

De: i wish that were true, its not: OMM is taught different ways at different schools, there is no published recognition by the comlex writers defining what the required guidelines are to study, this is needed desparately.
    There are OFTEN more than one right answer, sometimes in the mind of the writer there can only be one answer but only because the writer has a preconcieved idea that isnt expressed within the text of the question. Also, there are changes yearly and even daily in treatments, therefore it is imperative to publish the SOURCE of all questions being generated. case in point: lidocaine is no longer the accepted drug of second line in ventricular arrythmias: Procainamide, amiodarone and Sotalol all have evidenced better results, and this is published by the cardiologists, therefore a well read fourth year might miss a question on this is the test writers arent as current, that is why a pretest publishment of all sources of information is imperative, this gives a guideline for study, in no way simplifies the test and ensures that the MORE KNOWLEDGABLE students are able to show their knowledge rather than be punished for it. PS, who the hell printed an EKG BACKWARDS so that the ST complexes were preceding the QRS on the last part three exam...PROOFREADING BY PROFESSIONALS WOULDNT BE A BAD THING!!!!!!! there were three questions on a backward ekg...just an example, no offense but i had better written tests in the third grade!!!!!!

7. demasima

demasima New Member

Adrianshoe: Sorry, I can't help you with Part III of the exam. As for Part II, I just spent the better part of 3 days examing test questions by some highly dedicated professionals. OMM, as medicine in general is an art. The basics are the same as in any type or specialty of medicine. All questions and answers are taken directly from current texts ( ie the latest editions available).

As for which exact questions make it to the exam, again I am sorry, butI also cannot help you there.

I can assure you, there is only one right answer per question asked. If a question proves statiscally too difficult for the vast majority of students, it is thrown out.

If you feel you had better written tests when you were in 3rd grade, maybe people like you, that have all the answers, could become part of the solution and help write for NBOME/COMLEX, rather than whine.

8. NurseyK

NurseyK Bunny-Slave
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    How's that Rule of Two's go?...

2 months for Part I
    2 weeks for Part II
    2 #2 pencils for Part III

[​IMG]