What is the best study material for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Navy doc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to take the DAT in few months, and I would like to know what is best study materials?
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I plan to take the DAT in few months, and I would like to know what is best study materials?
thank you

I've heard that Topscore, DAT achiever, & destroyer are good. I haven't got achiever or destroyer yet but i do have topscore and kaplan and they are good.

I think Kaplan BB is great. I was skeptical at first b/c it wasn't packed full of info, but its really all you really need. To complement, I would get AP Cliffs bio and Princeton Review Chem. Top that off with a good SAT book for the QR section, and Crack Dat PAT (the cheapest one you can get!) if you really need it, and your set! Destoyer wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be, but maybe it was just my exam. It was 10x more difficult than the DAT. If anything, the Destroyer is helpful for your lecture exams, but not so much for the DAT. If you want, please buy mine! lol I need money.... =( PM me if your interested! =D It's in excellennttttt condition!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think kaplan was only good because it got me in the studying mood... its diagnostic tests were completely different from my regular scores. DAT destroyer helped me a lot... I definitely learned the most from destroyer, but check out the other forum, it'll have more suggestions for materials.

I think Kaplan BB is great. I was skeptical at first b/c it wasn't packed full of info, but its really all you really need. To complement, I would get AP Cliffs bio and Princeton Review Chem. Top that off with a good SAT book for the QR section, and Crack Dat PAT (the cheapest one you can get!) if you really need it, and your set! Destoyer wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be, but maybe it was just my exam. It was 10x more difficult than the DAT. If anything, the Destroyer is helpful for your lecture exams, but not so much for the DAT. If you want, please buy mine! lol I need money.... =( PM me if your interested! =D It's in excellennttttt condition!

I couldnt disagree with this post more, the kaplan bb seems to only give a good foundation for bio/chem/ochem but it's hardly enough (especially the bio section). As for the Crack the DAT PAT... I would get as many tests as possible (practice makes perfect for that section), I would even go out on a limb and say you should pick up Crack the DAT Math. I thought the math section was very similar but the explanations on how to do the problems really sucked. As for the Destroyer, I studied for the DAT with 5 ppl and we were all using the Destroyer... we all got 19+ on the Sciences (and I'm the only one that got the 19, everyone else got 20+). Sure it may be more difficult, but wouldnt it be great to look at questions and think "wow, I'm over prepared this test is easy"??

There is no "magic bullet" to the DAT. Use every single resource mentioned on these boards, as well as your class notes, and you should do just fine. Study hard and it will pay off in high scores!

There is no "magic bullet" to the DAT. Use every single resource mentioned on these boards, as well as your class notes, and you should do just fine. Study hard and it will pay off in high scores!

I wish there is a "magic bullet". you know, someone told me I should study smart with the emphasis. But I guess I do not know how to study smart. I have been the person who study hard with not so good outcome :oops:. I have to be honest I am actually struggle with the DAT prep also. Hope someday I will overcome this area as others. Thanks for your advice, as you said "Use every single resource mentioned on these boards".:thumbup: