What is the best way to explain ......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICU07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has some good tips/ answers on how I would explain a low OAT score. I am worried on how I would answer this in an interview as I still want to come across as a strong/ competitive student.
Any tips would be very much appreciated!

THANKS ICU07:)

Members don't see this ad.

The best way is to take it again and get a good score.

What kind of response was that? LOL :laugh:

I think you can only be honest as to why you did not do so well on particular areas of the exam. Excuses will get you nowhere.....plus, I'm pretty sure the people who are interviewing you have heard it all..so you really don't want to come across as in a weird way.

But hey, if you got an interview with your GPA and OAT scores, then I wouldn't worry too much about it, since they gave you an interview based on your marks.

Good luck.

just be totally honest about why you got your score...they can sense if you are lying to them...so being honest will be your best bet! i had a low score in orgo and I just honestly told them that it was a subject I have always struggled with, and I think they appreciated my honesty because I still got in! good luck to you :)