What is the best way to withdraw from a school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oski

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got pulled off a waitlist, and I need to drop a spot at a different school. What is the preferred method for this (letter, phone call, email)?

Members don't see this ad.

I think a letter is preferred, but I just used email because I wanted to save the couple bucks letters would've costed. I'd so much rather get a beer with that money! No school complained about my using email.

Depends on the time of year you do it. Call now. Times are close. You may be dropped by the school you actually want if you don't act quickly!

Members don't see this ad :)
use the phone b/c it's the fastest, so you can make another waitlister extremely happy ASAP. :)

I wrote a letter, faxed it to the office, and mailed a hard copy just to be sure.

Oski,

Did you get into UCLA?????

Not UCLA yet...but I am now going just across town to USC.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Oski:
•Not UCLA yet...but I am now going just across town to USC.•••••Join us on the dark side.

I sent an email and a letter. :) It's best to let them know ASAP so no one drops you for holding multiple acceptances, and also for people waiting for your spot! :)