What is the best way to....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abadri421

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to submit secondaries?
Print them out, fill in the questions/essays, and send via snail mail ex upc, fed ex?
or

Type them up on screen and send them via email?

Also what is the best way to send in LORs?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

The best way is to follow each school's instructions. They're there for you to read, not to act as page fillers. If you don't do what they ask for, your stuff can get lost in the shuffle.

The best way is to follow each school's instructions. They're there for you to read, not to act as page fillers. If you don't do what they ask for, your stuff can get lost in the shuffle.

what about the letters of recommendation?

What is the best way to submit secondaries?
Print them out, fill in the questions/essays, and send via snail mail ex upc, fed ex?
or

Type them up on screen and send them via email?

Also what is the best way to send in LORs?

Thank you
If the school provides their secondary in the form of a Adobe PDF file, then it is better to type right into them, it makes things alot cleaner. Now, not all schools make their PDF secondaries capable of being typed into, so that is when you hit up people on SDN (like me) who can edit the PDF so that it can be typed into. If it is already ready to be typed into, then you even more lucky.

If the school has a online secondary where you submit online, then it is best to answer all the essay questions in Notepad, copy it back into the online application, and submit it there.

If the school has their secondary in Microsoft Word, just print it out and fill it in.

For LORs, I recommend Interfolio hands down. It made my application process so much easier. If your school has a committee letter, than you have to use that. Interfolio is only for those folks that are getting recommedations from individual people.