What is the better option? PC and PD are welcome to share their views

Jan 16, 2015
hello everyone!

I am going to apply for FM this year. All my requirements are ready to be submitted. However, Im thinking of delaying for a week because I will be having an observership next week and I want to include that as part of my experience. I dont have any other clinical experience in FM so its really important that I include that info in my CV.

Would it be better to apply to programs now, and just put "I will be participating in an observership..." Or should I wait until my observership starts so that it will be a legit experience and I could write in my CV that "I am currently participating in an observership..." ?

The ERAS CV cannot be updated once it is submitted so I really want to make sure first if Im doing the right thing. Im also worried that some programs wont like it if I input in the experience section an info that i have not experienced yet.

Let me know what you think pls..

TBV

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
hello everyone!

I am going to apply for FM this year. All my requirements are ready to be submitted. However, Im thinking of delaying for a week because I will be having an observership next week and I want to include that as part of my experience. I dont have any other clinical experience in FM so its really important that I include that info in my CV.

Would it be better to apply to programs now, and just put "I will be participating in an observership..." Or should I wait until my observership starts so that it will be a legit experience and I could write in my CV that "I am currently participating in an observership..." ?

The ERAS CV cannot be updated once it is submitted so I really want to make sure first if Im doing the right thing. Im also worried that some programs wont like it if I input in the experience section an info that i have not experienced yet.

Let me know what you think pls..
I would think that it would depend on your stats and goal programs