what is the chance of being selected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nps

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
generally how many students are invited for interviews & what is the chance of being selected ,if u are invited for an interview?any idea anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

generally, most schools interview between 10-20% of the applicant pool and offer spots to a third of those interviewed. this is the case at columbia and upenn. while others like tufts university interviews about the same amount but offers 80% of those interviewed a spot in the upcoming class. when you get invited to interviews, almost all schools will be upfront with those stats, so feel free to ask. also, you should be able to find these stats in the school of interest's website. good luck.

thankyou Reena...

Members don't see this ad :)
reena said:
generally, most schools interview between 10-20% of the applicant pool and offer spots to a third of those interviewed. this is the case at columbia and upenn. while others like tufts university interviews about the same amount but offers 80% of those interviewed a spot in the upcoming class. when you get invited to interviews, almost all schools will be upfront with those stats, so feel free to ask. also, you should be able to find these stats in the school of interest's website. good luck.

This is an old topic, but is it true for Penn?
I thought if you were invited you would be 80% in the door.

Profchaos said:
This is an old topic, but is it true for Penn?
I thought if you were invited you would be 80% in the door.

Yesterday, Corky (Director of Admissions) told us that for the Class of 2009 there were 1,800 completed applications and 300 invterview invitations sent. She didn't tell us how many interview invitees were offered acceptance, but we have been getting the impression from the faculty that the hardest part is getting the invitation. If anyone has any questions about Penn, please feel free to IM me.

PS-As of 8/22/05 Penn has recieved ~500 application for the Class of 2010.