About the Ads

PlutoBoy

Sic transit gloria mundi
Removed
7+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2009
Radiology. If I could switch specialties that's the one I would do. Derm is nice but you have to walk around and talk to people. I don't like walking and people are tricky. I'll take a MI at 75 for a life of not walking, thank you very much. I also don't want to talk.

Hope that helps.

LoGo

MD PhD
2+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2016
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Radiology. If I could switch specialties that's the one I would do. Derm is nice but you have to walk around and talk to people. I don't like walking and people are tricky. I'll take a MI at 75 for a life of not walking, thank you very much. I also don't want to talk.

Hope that helps.
But you get to do so wearing Gucci or Ferragamo loafers paired with scrubs, and your interactions are <5 minutes. It's like walking on clouds drifting from room to room casually. That's pretty damn comfy.

sinombre

carboloading
7+ Year Member
May 20, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Any specialty you can do via tele medicine. You don't have to leave your house. You don't even have to wear pants. Apparently I'm not allowed to not wear pants at work because it's "unprofessional" and "probably illegal". I'm waiting until the day I can operate from home with my remote da vinci robot.

Stagg737

5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2013
Decapod 10
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Any specialty you can do via tele medicine. You don't have to leave your house. You don't even have to wear pants. Apparently I'm not allowed to not wear pants at work because it's "unprofessional" and "probably illegal". I'm waiting until the day I can operate from home with my remote da vinci robot.
Telepsych for sure. Had an attending whose wife did exclusively telepsych. She'd literally go in their basement 2-3 days a week for 4-5 hours in her bathrobe, see nursing home patients via her computer, and still pull in 6 figures. Discovered what my retirement plan was going to be on that rotation, lol.

WhiteCoatWonder

doin' it for the culture
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2009
Status
Medical Student

Hope that helps.
BWAHA! the responses to this are all my thoughts, exactly. all tele-everything.

Reactions: PlutoBoy and YourMD

CherryRedDracul

The Sunlight Burns
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2012
North America
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Radiology. Sit in an ergonomic desk chair in scrubs in a dark room. Have cup of coffee and some snacks. Read by the flickering light of a ... massive high-resolution monitor.
The call can be brutal, but yes, it's super comfy for me. Plus, if you're in an open reading room, you can chit-chat whenever with your colleagues, play some music, etc.

About the Ads