$ What is the Cost of an Application ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumozmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All-

I'm trying to save some $$ for next yrs app- What is the Aprox cost of an App-
Or cost of the whole process of sending out apps

please advise-

thnx :D

Members don't see this ad.

sumozmom said:
Hello All-

I'm trying to save some $$ for next yrs app- What is the Aprox cost of an App-
Or cost of the whole process of sending out apps

please advise-

thnx :D

It really depends on how many schools you are applying to. Heres a link to the AADSAS fee chart. https://aadsas.adea.org/aadsas2006/instructions/processing_fee.htm

Also, supplemental fees can be found here:
https://aadsas.adea.org/aadsas2006/supplemental/ins_designations_supp.htm

It might not be the same as next years, but it'll give you a pretty good estimate.

you're looking at about a grand just for aadsas, then an avg of about 50-70 bux a school for secondaries and school fees, then an amazing amount of money for interviews ... oh wait, don't forget the 800 or so for DAT, and if you take a kaplan course, there's another grand.

i've spent thousands and thousands of dollars, i try not to think about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
WhoooaaaBUNDY said:
you're looking at about a grand just for aadsas, then an avg of about 50-70 bux a school for secondaries and school fees, then an amazing amount of money for interviews ... oh wait, don't forget the 800 or so for DAT, and if you take a kaplan course, there's another grand.

800 for the DAT?? what the heck ...

WhoooaaaBUNDY said:

ya 800?

heh, yeah, i take that back. more like 250 ...

i do not retract my whining though.

WhoooaaaBUNDY said:

the DAT costed me $950, that's because i got really good scores though. the better you do the more they charge you. Kind of like taxes.

WhoooaaaBUNDY said:

wait until you're paying for tuition or even paying the interest on your loans with loaned money, then you can really whine :cool:

superchris147 said:
wait until you're paying for tuition or even paying the interest on your loans with loaned money, then you can really whine :cool:

i doubt i'll really be able to realize my greatest whining potential until i go under a million after starting up a practice ... that's also about the time i'd like to buy a house :thumbup:

I kind of did a quick rough calculation on how much everything cost this year (AADSAS for 12 schools, DAT, supplemental app fees, flights, hotels, some food). It is close to 2500 bucks and I have only interviewed at 4 of the 12. I stayed with people at Case and I'm going to at Pitt. I also did not have to stay the night at UNLV.

TimR said:
the DAT costed me $950, that's because i got really good scores though. the better you do the more they charge you. Kind of like taxes.

Easy there - we don't need to be giving the ADA, or AADSAS for that matter, any ideas.

hairybagel said:
I kind of did a quick rough calculation on how much everything cost this year (AADSAS for 12 schools, DAT, supplemental app fees, flights, hotels, some food). It is close to 2500 bucks and I have only interviewed at 4 of the 12. I stayed with people at Case and I'm going to at Pitt. I also did not have to stay the night at UNLV.
Daaaaaaaang.....